|The Shadow of Zorro|
|Spanish||Cabalgando hacia la muerte|
|Italian||L'ombra di Zorro|
|Directed by||Joaquín Luis Romero Marchent|
|Written by||Jesús Franco|
|Edited by||Mercedes Alonso|
The Shadow of Zorro (Spanish: Cabalgando hacia la muerte; Italian: L'ombra di Zorro) is a 1962 Spanish western film directed by Joaquín Luis Romero Marchent, written by José Mallorquí and Jess Franco, and starring Frank Latimore, Maria Luz Galicia, Mario Feliciani, Raffaella Carrà, Robert Hundar and Gianni Santuccio.
Two brothers, Billy (Claudio Undari) and Dan (Paul Piaget), head to California, determined to hunt down and kill Zorro to avenge the death of their brother.
Their ploy, Billy will dress up as Zorro and commit a variety of atrocities, hopefully drawing the real Zorro out of retirement.
The real Zorro is Don Jose de la Torre (Frank Latimore), the richest man in California. His fiance Maria (Maria Luz Galicia) doesn’t want to see Zorro resurrected. She wants to marry and live a quiet life.
Don Jose isn’t fond of donning the mask again either.
But when Billy and Dan have trouble learning the identity of Zorro, they start capturing and threatening those who might be able to provide the answers.
Finally, it’s the brutal death of an aging servant named Raimundo that spurs Zorro back into action. 
- Frank Latimore as Don José de la Torre - El Zorro
- María Luz Galicia as María
- Paul Piaget as Dan
- Robert Hundar as Billy
- José Marco Davó as Gobernador
- Jesús Tordesillas as Raimundo
- Marco Feliciani as McDonald
- María Silva as Irene
- José Marco as Olo
- Diana Lorys as Mestiza
- Ralph Baldasarre as Chinto
- Marco Tulli as Tom Gray
- Juan Antonio Arévalo as Fernando
- Carlos R. Marchent as Chema
- Sira Origo as Esposa del gobernador
- Xan das Bolas as Empleado de banca
- Raffaella Carrà as Carmela
- Miguel Merino as Hombre de Dan
- Simón Arriago as Hombre de Dan
- Montoya as Child
- Gonzalo Esquiroz as Hombre de Dan
- Alberto Cubi
- Pedro R. Quevedo as Banquero
- Rufino Inglés as Cochero
- Francisco Camoira as Sordomudo
- Gianni Santuccio as El ministro
- Guillermo Méndez as Maestro de esgrima
- Lorenzo Robledo as Capitan
- Howard Vernon as El General
- Rafael Cortés as Townsman in Black Suit
- Pitts, Michael R. (13 December 2012). Western Movies: A Guide to 5,105 Feature Films (2nd ed.). McFarland Publishing. p. 307. ISBN 9781476600901.
- Reid, John Howard (December 2005). Movie Westerns: Hollywood Films the Wild, Wild West. Lulu.com. p. 97. ISBN 9781411666108.
- Kuhoric, James (21 October 2019). Ullmeyer, Jason (ed.). Mark of Zorro: 100 Years of the Masked Avenger Art Book. American Mythology Productions, LLC. p. 53.
"The Shadow of Zorro (1962)". https://onceuponatimeinawestern.com/. Retrieved February 11, 2021. External link in
- Núñez Marqués, Anselmo (2006). Western a la europea--: un plato que se sirve frío. Entrelineas Editores. p. 249. ISBN 9788498024326.