|Country of origin||Italy|
|Type||3D Solid-state Long Range Surveillance Active Phased Array Radar|
|Range||470 km detection range and 500 km instrumented range|
The Selex RAT-31DL is a long-range air surveillance radar manufactured by Leonardo (previously Selex ES, SELEX Sistemi Integrati and later Finmeccanica). The acronym RAT stands for Radar Avvistamento Terrestre, an Italian term for such "ground-based reconnaissance radar".
The RAT 31DL is a solid-state active phased array radar with monopulse antenna with 42 rows of 42 Tx/Rx modules, each with 2 kW output power. The 360 ° search is performed with four independent beams in the L band at 6 rpm, the vertical pivoting of the beams is done by means of electronic phase shift of the 42 rows feeding the antenna.
The mobile RAT 31 DL / M radar variant is derived from the stationary FADR version. The RAT 31 DL / M consists of a fold-able antenna and an equipment shelter, which are housed in air transportable 20-foot ISO containers. This configuration allows rapid deployment with high mobility and allows deployment in an unprepared position.
- Selex RAN-40L Naval Long Range Survelliance radar.
- "Trade-Register-1971-2018.rft". Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. Retrieved 2019-04-21.
- "Avionews.com - SELEX Sistemi Integrati at DSA "Defence Service Asia 2010"". avionews.com.
- "Finmeccanica cements position as NATO's air defence partner with Polish radar delivery - DETAIL - Leonardo-Finmeccanica Group" (PDF). Leonardo-Finmeccanica Group.
- "Final Systems Acceptance for Czech and Hungarian Radars". NATO Communications and Information Agency.
- "Government - Ministry of Defence - News". Government of Hungary - Ministry of Defence.