|Born:||April 21, 1983|
|As a coach:|
Sean Desai (born April 21, 1983) is an American football coach who is the defensive coordinator for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL). He previously served as the safeties coach from 2019 to 2020 and as the quality control coach from 2013 to 2018.
In 2013, Desai was hired by the Chicago Bears as a quality control assistant under head coach Marc Trestman. As a quality control assistant, he worked with the Bears' defensive backs and linebackers while also assisting the special teams coaches. Desai was retained by head coach John Fox in 2015 and Matt Nagy in 2018. On February 8, 2019, Desai was promoted to safeties coaches. The Bears went 8–8 in 2019 and missed the playoffs. Under his coaching, Eddie Jackson was named to the Pro Bowl. On January 22, 2021, Desai was promoted to defensive coordinator, replacing Chuck Pagano, following his retirement. Desai became the first person of Indian descent to become a coordinator in the National Football League.
Desai received his undergraduate degree in philosophy and political science, with a minor in biology, from Boston University in 2004. Desai earned a master's degree in higher and postsecondary education from Columbia University in 2005. Desai earned his doctorate in educational administration in 2008 at Temple University, and was an adjunct professor for two years.
- Hermann, Adam (January 22, 2021). "Ex-Temple coach to be first NFL coordinator of Indian descent". NBC Sports Philadelphia. Retrieved January 23, 2021.
- "Sean Desai". Temple Owls. Retrieved January 23, 2021.
- Seligman, Andrew (January 22, 2021). "Chicago Bears promote Sean Desai to defensive coordinator". Miami Herald. Retrieved January 23, 2021.
- Medina, Luis (February 8, 2019). "Defensive Quality Control Coaches Sean Desai and Bill Shuey Received Promotions From Bears". www.bleachernation.com.
- Hackman, Ryan (2019-12-29). "The Chicago Bears were a fluke in 2018". Bear Goggles On. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- Infante, Jacob (2019-12-17). "Bears to send 3 players to 2020 Pro Bowl". Windy City Gridiron. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- Lieser, Jason; Finley, Patrick (January 22, 2021). "Bears pick new defensive coordinator Sean Desai to return them to Vic Fangio's glory days". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved January 23, 2021.