|Born||2 September 1952|
|Sizinkiler (Limon & Zeytin), Bizimcity|
Salih Memecan (born 2 September 1952, Giresun, Turkey) is a Turkish editorial caricaturist and cartoonist. Memecan's political cartoon strip, Bizimcity, and comics cartoon strip, Sizinkiler, are published daily in Sabah newspaper, one of the largest in Turkey, and weekly in the Aktüel magazine. The New York Times, The Washington Post, the San Francisco Chronicle, The Baltimore Sun and The Philadelphia Inquirer have published Memecan's editorial cartoons.
After receiving his BA and MA degrees in architecture from the Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey, Memecan received his PhD in architecture from the University of Pennsylvania as a Fulbright scholar (1983).
Memecan's daily agenda includes a political cartoon strip, Bizimcity, on the front page, and a comics cartoon strip, Sizinkiler, on the back page of the Sabah newspaper. The animated version of Bizimcity takes place on the prime-time news program on ATV. Memecan became chairman of the newly formed Turkish Media Association in 2010. He is married to Mesude Nursuna Memecan, a member of the Parliament of Turkey in the AKP.
- Douglas Frantz (15 May 2000). "A Long-Distance Look at Life in Turkey". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 November 2010.
- "Ayıp ve çirkin". gunebakis. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "CHP deputy condemned for 'prejudiced' remarks". Today's Zaman. 27 March 2010. Archived from the original on 11 October 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2010.
- Salih Memecan (15 November 2012). "Bizimcity". Sabah. Retrieved 19 November 2012. (The cartoon.)
- "Memecan'ın 'açlık grevi' karikatürüne tepki yağıyor!". Cumhuriyet. 15 November 2012. Archived from the original on 18 April 2013. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Salih Memecan'ın Gezi karikatürü sosyal medyada tepki çekti" [Saleh Memecan's cartoon drew reactions on social media]. Radikal (in Turkish). 18 September 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2014.