|Directed by||K. S. Ravikumar|
|Produced by||M. Saravanan|
|Written by||K. S. Ravikumar|
|Story by||Murugan Kalai Gnanam|
|Edited by||K. Thanikachalam|
Sakthivel is a 1994 Indian Tamil-language drama film directed by K. S. Ravikumar. The film stars Selva, Kanaka and Vijayakumar. The film, produced by M. Saravanan and M. Balasubramanian, had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 14 April 1994 coinciding with Tamil New Year.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (April 2021)
Sakthivel (Vijayakumar) is an honest head constable and has a daughter, Lalli (Kanaka). One day, he beats a politician's son. He is subsequently promoted as a Sub-inspector but he is transferred to a ruthless village. A feud between Pannaiyar (Jaiganesh) and Chairman (Rajeev) divides the village in half and every day many villagers die.
- Selva as Vignesh
- Kanaka as Lalli
- Vijayakumar as Sakthivel
- Jaiganesh as Pannaiyar
- Rajeev as Chairman
- Manjula Vijayakumar as Lakshmi, Sakthivel's wife
- K. S. Ravikumar as Sangili Murugan
- Premi as Pannaiyar's wife
- Sabitha Anand as Chairman's wife
- Y. G. Mahendra
- Vasu Vikram
- Bayilvan Ranganathan
- Idichapuli Selvaraj
- Ashok Raja
- Chitraguptan as Kandha
- Purushothaman as Poosari
|1||"Chinna Chinna"||Sunanda||Mu. Metha||4:33|
|2||"Idi Idikuthu"||Mano, K. S. Chithra||Vaali||4:54|
|3||"Malliga Mottu"||Arunmozhi, Swarnalatha||Kamakodiyan||5:06|
|4||"Paatti Sutta"||Mano, K. S. Chithra||Vaali||5:52|
|5||"Pambu Ena Vembu Ena"||K. S. Chithra||5:10|
|6||"Poda Pakkoda"||Mano, Y. Gee. Mahendra, Charle||4:49|
Malini Mannath of The Indian Express wrote, "Ravikumar has woven a tale that may not be all exciting but is nevertheless neatly told." K. Vijiyin of New Sunday Times gave a positive review that film had good elements "a good story, meaningful dialogue, humour, good acting and drama".
- Saravanan, M. (2013) . AVM 60 cinema (in Tamil) (3rd ed.). Rajarajan Pathippagam. p. 453.
- "Sakthivel (1994)". Mio. Archived from the original on 24 April 2021. Retrieved 24 April 2021.
- Mannath, Malini (15 April 1994). "Policing against all the odds". The Indian Express. p. 7.
- Vijiyin, K. (9 May 1994). "All the enjoyments of an enjoyable movie". New Sunday Times. p. 28.