|John Rowland High School|
2000 S. Otterbein St
Rowland Heights, California, United States
|School district||Rowland Unified School District|
|Number of students||2,032 (2019–20)|
|Student to teacher ratio||25.53|
|Color(s)||Navy blue and old gold|
|Athletics conference||CIF Southern Section |
Valle Vista League
|Rival||Nogales High School|
John A. Rowland High School is a public, four-year high school and International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in the city of Rowland Heights, California, United States. It is one of the two high schools in the Rowland Unified School District. It is located directly across from one of the district's elementary schools, Killian Elementary School.
Rowland High School received a six-year WASC accreditation in 2007 as well as being named a California Distinguished School in 1996 and 2004, and a National Blue Ribbon School in 1998. Rowland High School was named a Gold Ribbon School in 2017.
The school entered a period of building and renovating; the initial conceptual designs were presented in 2013, and the process of modernization started in 2017. Renovations planned for the high school include additional new buildings, such as a two-story classroom building, a two-story building that will replace the existent administration and library building, a multipurpose room, and a new performing arts center, among other upgrades. The project is expected to be finished by September 2019.
CIF Southern Section Championships
- Boys' basketball (1976)
- Boy's Gymnastics (1982)
- Boys' cross country (1988)
- Boys' water polo (1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000)
- Girls water polo (2003, 2004)
- Girls' soccer (1997)
- Girls' swimming (2018)
- Boys' swimming (2017, 2018)
- Lanhee Chen (1995) - Policy Director of the Mitt Romney presidential campaign, 2012 and Romney's chief policy adviser; Senior Adviser of the Marco Rubio presidential campaign, 2016; member of the U.S. Social Security Advisory Board
- Mark Crear (1987) - two-time Olympic medalist; ordained minister
- Dave Hansen (1986) - Major League Baseball player
- Mike Hohensee (1979) - former Head Coach of the Albany Firebirds; current Head Coach of the Chicago Rush
- Al Martin (1985) - Major League Baseball player
- Aja Naomi King (2003) -Actress (How to Get Away With Murder, The Birth of a Nation) and Spokesperson for L’Oréal.
- "John A. Rowland High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- Rowland High School:"Overview of Rowland High" Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- California Department of Education Distinguished School Awards Honorees
- Rowland High School:"Rowland High School and Alvarado Intermediate Named 2017 Gold Ribbon Schools" 20 April 2017  Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- Rowland Unified School District Board of Education: "Rowland Heights Modernization" September 2015  Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "JSA: Civics Education and Leadership Programs for High School Students - Lanhee Chen". Junior State of America. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Lanhee Chen, the 'orchestra leader' behind Romney's campaign｜WCT Archived 2013-09-26 at the Wayback Machine
- "Rubio Campaign Snags Former Romney Policy Director". 14 September 2015.
- President Obama Announces Another Key Administration Post | whitehouse.gov