In ca. 890, Rothilde married Roger, Count of Maine. Their eldest child was Hugh I, Count of Maine. Their second child was a daughter. She married Hugh the Great, duke of the Franks and count of Paris.
- Christian Settipani. La Préhistoire des Capétiens.
- ROTHILDIS. "She acquired the monasteries of Chelles, and Notre-Dame and Saint-Jean at Laon."
- Pierre Riche, The Carolingians: The Family who forged Europe, transl. Michael Idomir Allen (University of Pennsylvania Press, 1983), 198.
- Some genealogists attribute to this lady one more husband, Hugh of Bourges.
- K.S.B. Keats-Rohan, 'Two Studies in North French Prosopography', Journal of Medieval History, Vol. 20 (1994), p. 10
- Her name was maybe Judith.