|3rd Chairman of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission|
|Assumed office |
1 August 2011
|Preceded by||Graeme Samuel|
Rodney Graham Sims
Lorne, Victoria, Australia
|Alma mater||B.Com (Hons),|
University of Melbourne
Australian National University
He has previously worked as a development economist in Papua New Guinea as well as for the Commonwealth Secretariat. Sims was also formerly a Deputy Secretary in the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and in the Department of Transport. He also held the position of Chief Economics Adviser to former Australian Prime Minister Bob Hawke. Sims has previously held roles with the InfraCo Asia Development (IAD) as a founding Non-Executive Director and the Chairman a position in held from May 2010 until June 2011 when he resigned to take up the chairmanship of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. Sims has also held a directorship at Port Jackson Partners Limited.
Sims graduated with first class honours degree in Commerce from the University of Melbourne and earned a Master of Economics from the Australian National University in Canberra.
- Real-world economists to head crucial corporate regulators
- CP 511: Rodney Graham SIMS, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 19 January 2014
- Treasurer unveils new corporate cops on beat
- InfraCo Asia Development announces Board changes
- Commission, Australian Competition and Consumer (11 September 2012). "ACCC Chair & Commissioners". Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission: ACCC Chair and Commissioners
- Developing leaders, archived from the original on 3 May 2013
| Chairman of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission