Robert F. Gault was an American Impressionist painter and water-colorist from Westport, CT., He was born on December 15, 1898 in Westport, CT and died on February 22, 1977 in the home where he was born. In 1917 he attended the Cincinnati Art Museum Academy. Later he continued studies at the Grand Central School of Art in New York City He was elected a member of the American Watercolor Society in 1966 and during the course of his career exhibited at the Wadsworth Atheneum and across New York City, where he worked as a commercial artist.
- Larkin, Susan G. (2001-01-01). The Cos Cob Art Colony: Impressionists on the Connecticut Shore. National Academy of Design. ISBN 9780300088526.
- "Robert Franklin Gault - Artist Biography for Robert Franklin Gault". www.askart.com. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "Obituaries Index | Westport Library". westportlibrary.org. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "The First One Hundred Years Membership Roster of the American Watercolor Society". www.americanwatercolorsociety.org. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Five Generations of Yankee Ingenuity and Tracy Sugarman, Citizen-Artist". Westport Historical Society. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "The Bridgeport Post from Bridgeport, Connecticut · Page 42".
- "Full text of "Erna Weill Collection"". archive.org. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "The Bridgeport Post from Bridgeport, Connecticut · Page 41".