|Died||September 13, 1949 (aged 86)|
Ricca Allen (June 9, 1863 – September 13, 1949) was a Canadian-born stage and film actress. She appeared in 58 films between 1913 and 1941.
Allen was born in Victoria, British Columbia, to John Allen of Oakland, California. Allen and her sisters Louise Allen and Ray Allen were popular dancers in the 1880s. For nine years, she performed in a company headed by Nance O'Neil. She later had her own company in vaudeville.
Allen performed at Niblo's Garden for more than five years. Her Broadway credits include Blind Alleys (1924), Up and Down Broadway (1910), Uncle Tom's Cabin (1907), Judith of Bethulia (1904), The Fires of St. John (1904), Hedda Gabler (1904) and Magda (1904).
- Fatty Again (1914)
- A Daughter of the Gods (1916)
- Aladdin’s Other Lamp (1917)
- The Mortal Sin (1917)
- The Lifted Veil (1917)
- Life's Whirlpool (1917)
- Outwitted (1917)
- The Duchess of Doubt (1917)
- God's Man (1917)
- A Wife by Proxy (1917)
- Lady Barnacle (1917)
- The Heart of a Girl (1918)
- Our Mrs. McChesney (1918)
- The Shell Game (1918)
- With Neatness and Dispatch (1918)
- The Divorcee (1919)
- Speedy Meade (1919)
- The Man Who Stayed at Home (1919)
- Headin' Home (1920)
- The Song of the Soul (1920)
- The Oath (1921)
- Silas Marner (1922)
- The Empty Cradle (1923)
- The Mad Dancer (1925)
- The Virgin Wife (1926)
- Close Harmony (1929)
- The Trail of the Lonesome Pine (1936)
- One Million B.C. (1940)
- "Ricca Allen". Silent Era. Retrieved May 20, 2019.
- "Amusements". Los Angeles Herald. January 24, 1888. p. 4.
By the way, Miss Ricca Allen must have been recognized by many in the house as an old-time favorite of this city as well as of San Francisco. She is one of the gifted daughters of Mr. John Allen of Oakland
- Briscoe, Johnson (1907). The Actors' Birthday Book: An Authoritative Insight Into the Lives of the Men and Women of the Stage Born Between January 1 and December 31. Moffat, Yard. p. 133.
- "Ricca Allen". Internet Broadway Database. The Broadway League. Archived from the original on December 25, 2019. Retrieved December 25, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ricca Allen.|