|Born||13 December 1990|
|Alma mater||Women's Christian College, Chennai|
Regina Cassandra (born 13 December 1990) is an Indian actress who primarily appears in Tamil and Telugu films. She won the SIIMA Award for Best Female Debut – Telugu for her role in Siva Manasulo Sruthi (2012).
2005-2010: Early career
Her first feature film appearance was the Tamil film Kanda Naal Mudhal (2005). She later played the lead in the Kannada film Suryakaanti (2010) by director K. M. Chaitanya of Aa Dinagalu fame. The film featured her alongside actor Chetan, and as she could not speak Kannada, she was told to act out scenes in English and add Kannada to it. The film won good reviews and performed moderately at the box office. However the film's low-key release meant that the film failed to gain attention, so she took time out from films and then went on to graduate in psychology from Women's Christian College, Chennai and took another year off before taking a final call on joining movies. During her break she also acted in several short films, including Balaji Mohan's Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi alongside Adith Arun, which was later made into a feature film in 2012 under the same name. In 2010, it was announced that she would feature in the Tamil film Maalai Pozhudhin Mayakathilaey alongside Adith Arun, but the film was eventually delayed and then restarted with a fresh cast.
2012-2016: Debut in Telugu cinema
In 2012, she appeared in Shiva Manasulo Shruti by Tatineni Sathya, which was a remake of the 2009 Tamil film Siva Manasula Sakthi. She was next seen in the Telugu romantic-comedy, Routine Love Story, alongside Sundeep Kishan, which she signed even before her first release in Telugu.
In 2013 she had two Tamil releases, Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga by Pandiraj, in which she was one of the two lead actresses, and Nirnayam in which she played a vital role. Although the former proved successful at the box office, she did not sign more films in Tamil and instead shifted her focus to Telugu films. Kotha Janta directed by Maruthi was Cassandra's first 2014 release. She received positive response for her performance in the film. Deccan Chronicle wrote, "The star of the film is undoubtedly Regina Cassandra. She looks cute and bubbly and delivers a delightful performance. She has done her character with ease and with the right expressions". Her next releases were Ra Ra... Krishnayya, which saw her reuniting with Sundeep Kishan, and Power in which she played a Bengali girl. She played the lead role opposite Sai Dharam Tej in Pilla Nuvvu Leni Jeevitam directed by AS Ravi Kumar Chowdary. Seen after two years in Tamil cinema in Rajathandhiram (2015), her acting was praised. Cassandra's next was the action thriller Shankara (2016), which is remake of the Tamil hit Mouna Guru and also the source for the Hindi film Akira, starring Sonakshi Sinha.
2017-present: Return to Tamil cinema
In 2017, her Tamil films are Maanagaram, Saravanan Irukka Bayamaen and Gemini Ganeshanum Suruli Raajanum. Cassandra is also part of films like Mr. Chandramouli and Silukkuvarupatti Singam in 2018. Her Bollywood debut Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga (2019) had her playing an unconventional role. She states that cinema in general is evolving, and Tamil industry picked up faster in doing unconventional films.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2005||Kanda Naal Mudhal||Latha||Tamil||Debut Tamil film|
|2010||Suryakaanti||Kanthi||Kannada||Debut Kannada film|
|2012||Shiva Manasulo Shruti||Shruti||Telugu||SIIMA Award for Best Female Debut (Telugu)
Debut Telugu film
|Routine Love Story||Tanvi||Telugu|
|2013||Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga||Paappaa||Tamil|
|Ra Ra... Krishnayya||Nandeshwari "Nandu"||Telugu|
|Pilla Nuvvu Leni Jeevitham||Shailaja "Shailu" / Sirisha "Siri"||Telugu|
|Subramanyam for Sale||Seetha||Telugu|
|Jyo Achyutananda||Jyotsna "Jyo" Kumari||Telugu||Nominated, SIIMA Award for Best Actress (Telugu)|
|Shankara||Ananya / Pappu||Telugu|
|Saravanan Irukka Bayamaen||Thenmozhi||Tamil|
|Gemini Ganeshanum Suruli Raajanum||Lavanya||Tamil|
|Silukkuvarupatti Singam||Rajeshwari "Raji"||Tamil|
|2019||Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga||Kuhu||Hindi||Debut Hindi film|
|Acharya||Herself||Telugu||Filming; Cameo appearance in a song|||
|Untitled Midnight Runners remake||TBA||Telugu||Filming|||
- Happy Birthday Regina Cassandra: 5 movies of the actress that you cannot miss. India Times (13 December 2019)
- "Regina Cassandra on her special number in Acharya: I was floored by Chiru sir's compliment - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- 'Telugu films are my priority': Regina Cassandra Deccanchronicle.com (3 May 2014) Retrieved on 28 April 2015
- Y. Sunita Chowdhary (10 May 2011). "Navigation News : Model moves". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 18 July 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Sharadha Srinidhi (12 April 2009). "Chetan is a very handsome Kannada hero: Regina". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Cinema Plus / Columns : Working vacation". The Hindu. 17 April 2009. Archived from the original on 20 April 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Assistant Directors launch Production – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 5 February 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Cassandra's having a great time in Tollywood". The Times of India. 21 November 2011. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga completes 100 days! – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 5 July 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "Allu Sirish-Regina film is Kotta Janta". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 1 May 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Regina on a high after Kotha Janta – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (5 May 2014). Retrieved on 28 April 2015.
- Movie review Kotha Janta: It’s Regina all the way!. Deccanchronicle.com (2 May 2014). Retrieved on 28 April 2015.
- Sundeep and Regina to pair up again – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (12 August 2013). Retrieved on 28 April 2015.
- Sangeetha Devi Dundoo (3 July 2014). "Krishnayya arrives". The Hindu. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "Regina to romance Sai Dharam Tej". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 30 April 2013. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- Adivi, Sashidhar (2 February 2020). "Prep for Telugu version Korean cop act begins". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- "Regina Cassandra roped in for a celebration number in Chiranjeevi's 'Acharya'". The News Minute. 13 March 2020. Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- "Regina Cassandra's Soorpanagai shoot resumes today - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- "'Midnight Runners' Telugu remake titled as 'Shakini Dhakini'?". The Times of India. 3 May 2021. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Regina Cassandra.|