|R. C. Sproul|
Ligonier Ministries is an international Christian discipleship organization headquartered in the greater Orlando, Florida area. It was founded by R. C. Sproul in the Ligonier Valley, Pennsylvania outside of Pittsburgh in 1971. Ligonier's monthly devotional magazine is Tabletalk. Editor of Tabletalk, Burk Parsons, states "It is (Tabletalk's) foremost desire to awaken as many people as possible to the holiness of God by proclaiming, teaching, and defending God’s holiness in all its fullness." Sproul and Ligonier are particularly known for their teaching of Reformed theology.
They produce the Renewing Your Mind radio broadcasts, the Reformation Study Bible (ESV/NKJV), and Tabletalk magazine. They also publish books written by Sproul and other contemporary authors and theologians through the Reformation Trust Publishing imprint. The ministry offers teaching series, as well as offering undergraduate degrees through Reformation Bible College and an online learning program through Ligonier Connect. Ligonier hosts national and regional conferences annually.
In September 2015 the founder's son, R. C. Sproul Jr., was suspended, with full pay, from the ministries until July 1, 2016 for visiting the Ashley Madison site. Dr. R.C. Sproul, Jr. resigned from Ligonier Ministries and Reformation Bible College in December 2016 "for personal reasons." The following week it was reported the actual reason for his resignation was he'd been arrested on November 29 for felony drunk driving with two minor children in the car.
Ligonier's main activities include:
- Producing Renewing Your Mind, a daily radio and Internet broadcast wherein Sproul and others teach systematic theology, reformed theology, and the Bible
- Publishing a monthly magazine called Tabletalk (ISSN 1064-881X)
- Selling and distributing music, audiobook, video and print materials by Sproul, John Gerstner, and others
- Publishing The Reformation Study Bible
- RefNet (Reformation Network) internet radio
- Reformation Trust Publishing arm that publishes books by various authors
- Ligonier Connect online classes for lay people
- Reformation Bible College
- Holding conferences in Orlando and, in smaller form, elsewhere around the United States and internationally.
- Educational Church History Tours to the United Kingdom, Europe and Cruises to the Caribbean and Alaska that combines the cruise with Christian teaching
- Parsons, Burk. "Living Life Coram Deo, Before The Face Of God". Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- "Reformation Bible College".
- "Ligonier Connect".
- "Ligonier Events".
- "Teaching Fellows". Ligonier Ministries. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Adulai, Ernest (September 1, 2015). "Renowned Christian Minister R.C. Sproul Jr. Suspended by Ligonier Ministries over Ashley Madison Visit". Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "A Statement Concerning Dr. R.C. Sproul Jr". Ligonier Ministries. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- The founder's son however, had only a brief and very minor role in the 50 year history of the ministry, and this report of his brief personal struggle with alcohol over a one-year period in 2015-2016 (following the death of his wife due to cancer) is really just a minor footnote in the half century of Ligonier Ministries' global impact as a producer of radio broadcasts and printed materials for the Christian Community. html "R.C. Sproul Jr. Resigned From Ligonier Ministries After Felonious DUI Arrest With Minor in Vehicle" Check