|Founded||April 1999 (Rosh Ha'ayin, Israel)|
|Yoram Salinger (President & CEO)|
Red Bend Software is a software company providing mobile software management technology to mobile phone manufacturers and operators. Red Bend’s software has been deployed by handset manufacturers, including Kyocera, LG Electronics, Motorola, Sharp, Sony Mobile, and ZTE, as well as companies in the mobile industry, M2M, automotive and enterprise markets. The company’s initial funding was provided by Carmel Ventures.
The company was first established in April 1999, in Rosh Ha'ayin, Israel, and by the summer of 2000, the company finalised the beta of its future technology, vCurrent, and signed its first agreement with BackWeb Technologies. Red Bend completed its first round of venture funding in the autumn of 2000. The corporate headquarters in December 2003 were then located in Boston, Massachusetts, and research and development continued in Israel.
Red Bend Software acquired developers of mobile virtualisation software VirtualLogix in September 2010. Red Bend was acquired by Harman International Industries in January 2015. Red Bend holds membership of the Open Mobile Alliance since March 2010.
Red Bend’s vRapid Mobile(R) supports FOTA updating as well as software component management, also known as SCOTA (Software Components OTA). Red Bend’s Mobile Software Management solutions have shipped in devices worldwide since December 2014. vRapid Mobile is the most widely deployed software of FOTA, with a market share of 71% according to technology analyst firm Ovum Ltd. by November 2009.
Red Bend’s vDirect Mobile(TM) is an OMA DM based device management client.
- "Red Bend Software closes third round at $8.2M". Carmel Ventures – Press Release March 23, 2004. 23 March 2004. Retrieved 10 November 2009.
- "Company Profile for Red Bend Software". businesswire.com. 12 December 2003. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- "Red Bend buys VirtualLogix for mobile virtualization". computerworld.com. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- "HARMAN to Acquire Red Bend Software". investor.harman.com. 22 January 2015. Archived from the original on 30 April 2015. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- "Red Bend and Sierra Wireless Announce Open Mobile Alliance Device Management". iotevolutionworld.com. 26 March 2010. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- "Red Bend Software and Gemalto Collaborate to Bring Mobile Software Management Solutions to Telecom Operators". www.businesswire.com. 12 October 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- "Red Bend Software Achieves 750 Million Mobile Devices". www.realwire.com. 8 June 2010. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- "Garmin Chooses Red Bend Software for Automatic Over-the-Air Map and Software Updates". businesswire.com. 16 December 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- "Red Bend Software Enables China Mobile to Manage Android Phones". PRNewswire. 30 November 2009. Retrieved 9 May 2010.