4 June 1975
In 1991, Ranjita, did her first Telugu film, 'Kadapa Reddemma'. It was written by Parchuri Brothers.  The film didn't do too well commercially but after that she did the film 'Nadodi Thendral', directed by Bharathirajaa, which provided her a good platform.
She got married in 2000 and retired from acting after her wedding. The couple got divorced in 2002. She made a comeback in 2003, and been acting in supporting roles in films and lead roles in television shows until 2010.
In 2010, Sun TV telecasted a video recordings that claimed to show Ranjitha and Nithyananda in a bedroom. The story became viral among news media in Tamil Nadu. They both claimed the video to be fabricated and accused Sun TV of extortion. A Forensic Sciences Laboratory in Bengaluru confirmed that the video appeared to be that of Nithyananda and Ranjitha but did not discuss whether the tape was morphed. Ranjitha filed a complaint with High Court of Karnataka against news channels. Various news channels were ordered to apologize to Ranjitha upon acknowledging the content was morphed.
|Veettai Paaru Naattai Paaru||Devi|
|En Aasai Machan||Meenakshi|
|Atha Maga Rathiname||Pandiamma|
|Taj Mahal||Machakanni's sister-in-law|
|2003||Aahaa Ethanai Azhagu|
|Nenjil Jil Jil||Kalyani|
|2007||Maya Kannadi||Herself||Cameo appearance|
|Customs Diary||Thara Anthony|
|1995||Sundari Neeyum Sundaran Njanum||Radha|
|Rendu Kutumbala Katha|
- Chinna Chinna Aasia : Bandham
- Krishnadasi as Krishnaveni (2000–2002)
- Roja (2003)
- Ammayi Kaapuram - Telugu (replaced Raadhika)
- Thekkathi Ponnu as Poun Thaayi (2008–2009)
- Manikoondu (2008-2010)
- "Ranjitha's new plans". IndiaGlitz. 16 March 2006. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "Ranjitha to direct Kareena? - Tamil Movie News - IndiaGlitz.com". web.archive.org. 18 October 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2021.
- "Ranjitha profile". jointscene.com. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "`It was luck that made me an actor' - TAMIL NADU - The Hindu". web.archive.org. 20 December 2019. Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- "Actress Ranjitha dons saffron, becomes Nithyananda's sanyasini 'Ma Anandmayi'". coastaldigest.com - The Trusted News Portal of India. Retrieved 23 July 2021.
- Rao, Shakuntala (2013). "Justice and Indian Journalism". In Ward, Stephen J. A. (ed.). Global Media Ethics: Problems and Perspectives. John Wiley & Sons. p. 241. ISBN 978-1-118-35982-2.
- "Sex tape footage aired by Sun TV doctored: Nithyananda". NDTV.com. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Sex video and the Swami: Nithyananda and Ranjitha in 2010 tape, confirms forensic department". India Today. 23 November 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Karnataka high court bans airing of 'Nithya sex tape'".
- "Karnataka High Court write petition dated 14 March 2012" (PDF).
- "Channel ordered to apologize to Ranjitha".
- "Nithyananda cites U.S. experts to claim videotape is fake".
- "In the matter of Complaint filed my Ms Ranitha" (PDF).
- "Press Council of India, Index of Adjudications 2010-11" (PDF). p. 12.
- "Press Council of India, Compendium of Adjudications 2011-2012" (PDF). pp. 172–175.
- "Roja". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 20 June 2003. Archived from the original on 5 January 2005. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "From the master's stable". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 10 April 2008. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "నంది అవార్డు విజేతల పరంపర (1964–2008)" [A series of Nandi Award Winners (1964–2008)] (PDF). Information & Public Relations of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 21 August 2020.(in Telugu)