Type of site
|Multiuser Content-Sharing Platform|
|Owner||Jon Goldman, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer|
|Created by||Ishay Pnueli and Jon Goldman|
Qlipso Inc. is an Israeli-American technology company, which builds and operates multi-user content-sharing platforms for Flash-based media. The company's social-viewing platform provided users the ability to view and share various forms of media with others, live or asynchronously.
Since 2010, the company holds the assets of the online video portal Veoh. In May 2012, Qlipso launched a new personal social video sharing platform, called Mixin, which allows users to find their friends' favorite videos, interact with them on the video itself, and discover the trending videos online in a personalized matter. The platform gained more than 200,000 users on the first days after the official launch.
Acquisition of Veoh
On April 8, 2010, it was announced that Qlipso had acquired substantially all of the assets of online video portal Veoh, which in 2008 had approximately 17 million unique visitors monthly. Qlipso used the acquisition to add a broad and established base of users, along with revenue, to its content-sharing service, while integrating its social-viewing features into Veoh's mainstream online video platform.
Management and Funding
Qlipso is led by an international team of established video game and digital media industry veterans. Qlipso was founded in September 2007 by Ishay Pnueli, a veteran of the video game and technology industries. Jon Goldman, who previously founded and served as CEO of the video game development company Foundation 9 Entertainment, joined Qlipso as CEO in early 2009. Qlipso was incubated and funded by Jerusalem Venture Partners and now headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with additional offices in New York City and Jerusalem, Israel.
- Squarespace - Account Not Available Archived August 27, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 28, 2012. Retrieved June 19, 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Mixin lets users insert comments into video and share with friends (exclusive) on VentureBeat
- Innovative Content Sharing Company Qlipso, Purchases Assets of Video Content Site Veoh - JERUSALEM, April 8 /PRNewswire/
- https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-04-07/israeli-start-up-qlipso-acquires-veoh-networks-to-add-users-revenue.html Bloomberg News
- "Veoh attracts approximately 17M visitors online monthly". Archived from the original on 2012-06-12. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- http://blogs.ft.com/techblog/2010/04/can-social-media-revive-veoh/ Financial Times
- http://www.videonuze.com/blogs/print.php?id=2643 VideoNuze
- Squarespace - Account Not Available
- News Lobby - JVP Archived July 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine