|State||Kingdom of Denmark|
Qeqertaq is a settlement in the Avannaata municipality in western Greenland, located on an island off the southern shore of the Nuussuaq Peninsula in an inlet of Sullorsuaq Strait. Founded in 1830 as Øen, the settlement had 114 inhabitants in 2020.
During summer and autumn, when the waters of Disko Bay are navigable, communication between settlements is by sea only, serviced by Diskoline. The ferry links Qeqertaq with Saqqaq, Oqaatsut, and Ilulissat.
The population of Qeqertaq has slowly increased in the last two decades.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Qeqertaq.|
- "Qeqertaq" (in Danish). Qaasuitsup Municipality. Archived from the original on 18 November 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Population by Localities". Statistical Greenland.
- "Booking system". Air Greenland. Archived from the original on 22 April 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- Diskoline timetable Archived May 22, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Statistics Greenland Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine