|Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2|
|Directed by||Luv Ranjan|
|Produced by||Abhishek Pathak|
|Written by||Rahul Mody|
Ishita Raj Sharma
|Music by||Songs and Background Score:|
|Cinematography||Sudhir K Choudhary|
|Edited by||Akiv Ali|
|Distributed by||Panorama Studios|
|Box office||est. ₹88.17 crore|
Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (transl. Case file of love 2) is a 2015 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy film, it is a sequel to the 2011 film Pyaar Ka Punchnama. The sequel is directed by Luv Ranjan and produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and Panorama Studios Production. The film stars Kartik Aaryan, Omkar Kapoor, Sunny Singh, Nushrat Bharucha, Ishita Raj Sharma and Sonnalli Seygall. The film was released on 16 October 2015.
Three bachelors, Anshul Sharma (Kartik Aaryan), Siddharth Gandotra (Sunny Singh Nijjar) and Tarun Pathak (Omkar Kapoor) are flatmates and best friends. Later they all find their girlfriends Gogo meets Ruchika Khanna (Nushrat Bharucha) and gives her his number. Chauka meets Supriya Agrawal (Sonnalli Seygall) at a family wedding and instantly falls for her. Thakur meets Kusum Singh (Ishita Raj Sharma) while working out at the gym and they start seeing each other.
Apart from that those three girls don't like each other, each of the three love stories has its own problem. Chiku gets too close with her best friend Sunny, male, as close as they live together and can even sleep in one bed. Supriya doesn't have the guts to tell her parents about Siddharth. She introduces Sidharth as just another common friend to her parents which irks Siddharth. Her father, who thinks she should get married but still has no boyfriend, looks for mate for her on Internet, and even asks Siddharth to help him finding groom for Supriya, which further complicates matters. Kusum is too cautious about money: she insists everyone, despite of relationship with another, should only spends his own money. An incident with the trio and their respective girlfriends turns uncomfortable as Kusum tries to prevent Thakur from footing the entire cheque in a restaurant. However this doesn't hold her back from stopping him when he spends large sums on her.
The three men become too tired to solve the issues in their own love stories, leading to their girlfriends willing to help solve those problems. Chiku drives Sunny out of her house; Supriya finally tells her father that she loves Siddharth and wants to marry him, but gets firmly rejected; Kusum also agrees not to care that much about money.
Despite the effort of the three boys and the three girls, the problems remain: after Chiku drives Sunny out of her house, Gogo accidentally hears her flatmates telling her that she should break up with Gogo and be in love with Sunny, as they all think she and Sunny are real in love; Supriya runs away from home and meets Siddharth and spends the night with him. Her father arrives there the next morning with police. He accuses Siddharth of taking Supriya away from her house against her will. Supriya, who always does not have the guts to oppose her father, supports her father's claim and testifies against Siddharth. It plays in Siddharth's favour however as he breaks up with Supriya, thereby saving his life from being ruined. Thakur resigns and starts his own website, encouraged by Kusum. However, Kusum refuse to financially support Thakur's plan even if it will benefit the both if it succeeds.
Finally, the three boys all give up their love for feeling desperate. Gogo breaks up with Chiku by keeping saying "I love you" and he says he learns from her that those three words are cheapest words. Siddharth breaks up with Supriya in police station right after she testifies against him. Thakur breaks up with Kusum and tells her she should return over 850,000 rupees that he spent on her, according to her life rules that she doesn't like taking favours from anyone.
The film ends by showing all three men single, happy and enjoying each others' company.
- Kartik Aaryan as Anshul 'Gogo' Sharma
- Omkar Kapoor as Tarun 'Thakur' Pathak
- Sunny Singh as Siddharth 'Chauka' Gandotra
- Nushrat Bharucha as Ruchika 'Chiku' Khanna
- Ishita Raj Sharma as Kusum Singh
- Sonnalli Seygall as Supriya Agrawal
- Sharat Saxena as Mr. Agrawal, Supriya's father
- Mona Ambegaonkar as Mrs. Agrawal, Supriya's mother
- Manvir Singh as Sunny
- Rumana Molla as Ruchi
- Karishma Sharma as Tina
- Prakhar Shukla as Chiku’s best friend
- Rajan as a Gift Delivery Man
|Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||2 October 2015|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|1.||"Sharabi"||Late Akram Sabri, Danish Sabri||Sharib-Toshi||Sharib, Toshi & Raja Hasan||04:13|
|2.||"Paro"||Kumaar||Hitesh Sonik||Dev Negi, Shipra Goyal||04:27|
|3.||"Heeriye"||Hitesh Sonik||Hitesh Sonik||Mohit Chauhan||03:35|
|4.||"Moorakh"||Luv Ranjan||Hitesh Sonik||Divya Kumar||02:55|
Some critics enjoyed the comedy but were disappointed at the over the top misogyny in the final act of the movie. Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN gave the movie 3 stars describing the movie as "The film is funnier and slightly less misogynistic than the prequel." He notes that "It’s in the last act that the film throws away any pretence of humor and adopts an especially spiteful tone that’s reminiscent of the earlier film. Until this point the jokes were consistently funny and the stereotyping seldom mean-spirited." Hindustan Times praised the performance of the actors, stating "All the actors fit perfectly into their characters: The boys effortlessly depict what men often discuss during boys’ talk and the girls play dumb as and when the character demands." The Hindu review stated "Carrying forward the flavour of the original, it is a film that many men make in their minds!" The Economic Times review mentioned "Sure, the film may resonate with the masochistic sorts who like taking a whipping in love or even those who enjoy a few laughs no matter the joke, but the rest can easily skip this one."
The film grossed ₹5.50–5.75 crore on its opening day, beating the records of Piku, Katti Batti and Jazbaa. By the end of the first weekend, a total of ₹22.40 crore (US$3.1 million) total had been collected. The film collected ₹39.25 crore (US$5.5 million) by the end of its opening week.
- Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 - Movie - Box Office India
- "Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 May Appeal To Youth". Archived from the original on 18 November 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- V Lakshmi (13 September 2014). "Battle of sexes continues in Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' review: The film is funnier and slightly less misogynistic than the prequel". News18. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 review: This sequel is hilarious". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Pyaar Ka Punchnama-2: New window, same view". The Hindu. 16 October 2015. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' review: May resonate with the masochistic sorts". The Economic Times. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Ankur Pathak. "Pyaar Ka Punchnama sequel to have 8 min long monologue". Mumbai Mirror. The Times of India.
- "Was tough to unlearn 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' monologue: Kartik Aaryan". The Indian Express. 18 September 2015.
- "Kartik Aaryan: Thankfully, people haven't yet called Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 misogynistic". intoday.in.
- "Boxoffice". Box Office India.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' opening day box office collection: Comedy film beats the records of 'Piku', 'Katti Batti' and others". International Business Times, India Edition. 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' 3-day box office collection: Comedy film beats the records of 'Hero' and 'PKP'". International Business Times, India Edition. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' 7 day box office collection: 'PKP 2' beats 'Jazbaa' and 'Talvar' 2 and 3 week records". International Business Times, India Edition. 23 October 2015.