It was noted for its English-language editions of books on Marxism–Leninism.
Progress Publishers were particularly also known for their Short History of USSR and ABC series (ABC of Party, ABC of Socialism, ABC of Dialectical Materialism, etc.). They also published many scientific books, books on arts, political books, classic books, children's literature, novels and short fiction, books in source languages for people studying foreign languages, guidebooks and photographic albums. They also published, in 1979, Marx and Engels on the United States, a compilation drawn from letters, articles, and various other works.
One of the common features of all Progress books was their "request to reader" to send an opinion and suggestions on the book. It reads:
REQUEST TO READERS. Progress Publishers would be glad to have your opinion of this book, its translation and design and any suggestions you may have for future publications. Please send all your comments to 17, Zubovsky Boulevard, Moscow, U.S.S.R.
Reminiscences lenin written by Gruptskaya
- Collected Works of V. I. Lenin
- Current International Problems
- Imperialism: Acts, Facts, and Records
- Impressions of the USSR
- International Communist and Working-Class Movement
- Library of Political Knowledge
- Man Through the Ages
- Military Series
- Modern Working-Class Novels Series
- On the Track of Discovery
- Problems of the Third World
- Progress Books about the USSR
- Progress Guides to the Social Sciences
- Progress Soviet Authors Library
- Russian Classics Series
- Russian Readers for Beginners
- Scientific Socialism Series
- Socialism Today
- Soviet Foreign Policy and International Relations
- Soviet Literature for Young People
- Soviet Novels Series
- Soviet Short Stories Series
- Stormy Petrel Series
- Student's Library
- Theories and Critical Studies
- War Memoirs
- Polevoi, Boris (1967). A Story About a Real Man. Moscow: Progress Publishers.
- Progress Soviet Author’s Library, owu.edu. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- Russian Classics Series (Progress Publishers) - Book Series List, publishinghistory.com. Retrieved 29 May 2020.