In the context of medical evaluation it is the establishment of the importance or the urgency of actions that are necessary to preserve the welfare of client or patient. In the clinical context, establishing priorities aids in the rationale and justification for the use of limited resources. Priority setting is influenced by time, money, and expertise. A risk priority number assessment is one way to establish priorities that may be difficult to establish in a health care setting.
Software has been designed to assist professionals in establishing priorities in a specific business setting.
- ""Prioritization" in Collins English Dictionary – Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition". Dictionary.com. 2016. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- "Prioritization – definition of prioritization". The Free Dictionary. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- "Definition of prioritization by Medical dictionary". The Free Dictionary. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- Jeffreys, M (2016). Priorization. Teaching Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care. Springer Publishing Company. ISBN 978-0-8261-1996-4. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- "Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Risk Priority Number". Institute for Healthcare Improvement. 2016. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- Partho (February 18, 2009). "Top 10 Time Management Software for Windows". Gaea News Network. Retrieved October 9, 2016.