|Directed by||T. Krishna|
|Written by||T. Krishna|
M. V. S. Haranatha Rao (dialogues)
|Story by||T. Krishna|
|Produced by||Ramoji Rao|
Kota Srinivasa Rao
P. L. Narayana
Narra Venkateswara Rao
|Music by||K. Chakravarthy|
Pratighatana (transl. Resistance) is a 1985 Indian Telugu-language action drama film written and directed by T. Krishna. The film is produced by Ramoji Rao under Ushakiran Movies. The plot follows a woman's fight against corruption and criminalization of politics in India. The film starts Vijayshanti alongside Chandra Mohan, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Sai Kumar, P. L. Narayana, Charan Raj, Suthi Velu, Rajasekhar, Narra Venkateswara Rao, and Y. Vijaya who appear in supporting roles. Music is composed by K. Chakravarthy.
The film is released on 11 October 1985. It was premiered at International Film Festival of India and has garnered the Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu). The film won six Nandi Awards and two Filmfare Awards South (including Best Film –Telugu). Later it was remade in Malayalam as Pakarathinu Pakaram and in Hindi as Pratighaat while Charan Raj reprise his role in Hindi.
Jhansi, wife of a lawyer Gopalakrishna, works as a college lecturer. The city life was always disrupted by a group of street criminals supported by the ruling party. These criminals humiliate Jhansi in front of a large crowd by showing her nude on the street when she refuses to take back her complaint against the criminal Kali for murdering a police officer in public. Her husband remains helpless despite being a lawyer fearing of the consequences that they may face in future if they went to court for justice. Meanwhile, the leader of the criminals, the villain, gets elected to the legislative assembly and arranges an open meeting to celebrate his election. Jhansi kills the villain in that open meeting.
- Vijayashanti as Jhansi, a college lecturer
- Chandra Mohan as Gopala Krishna, a lawyer
- Rajasekhar as Prakash, a police officer
- Charan Raj as Kalidasu, a criminal
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as a politician
- Rallapalli, a lawyer of Kali
- Suthivelu as Srisailam, a police constable
- Y. Vijaya
- Chitti Babu
- Narra Venkateswara Rao
- Vizag Prasad
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2021)
- "Ee Dhuryodhana" - S. Janaki (Lyrics: Veturi Sundara Rama Murty)(Music: Chakravarthy)
- "Hechariko Hecharika" (Lyrics: Veturi Sundara Rama Murty)
- "Vayasu Courtu" (Lyrics: Veturi Sundara Rama Murty)
- The film was a big hit at the box office and brought fame to T. Krishna and Vijayshanti.
- This film was later remade in Hindi as Pratighaat (1987) starred by Sujata Mehta and Nana Patekar.
- Best Actress - Vijayashanti
- Best Villain - Charan Raj.
- Best Female Playback Singer - S. Janaki .
- Best Story Writer - T. Krishna.
- Best Dialogue Writer - M. V. S. Haranatha Rao
- Special Jury Award - Kota Srinivasa Rao
- Collections. Update Video Publication. 1991. p. 395.
- "Remakes from other languages (than Tamil)". oldmalayalam.blogspot.in. 15 December 2010. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- Suman Shakya (17 March 1987). "Pratighaat (1987)". IMDb.
- "నంది అవార్డు విజేతల పరంపర (1964–2008)" [A series of Nandi Award Winners (1964–2008)] (PDF). Information & Public Relations of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 21 August 2020.(in Telugu)