|Type||public limited company|
|Headquarters||The Shard, London SE1|
|Revenue||UK£ 27.8 million (1 April 2019 - 31 March 2020)|
Number of employees
Merit Group plc is a British company active in the publication of periodicals and journals for businesses and consumers. It was formerly known as Huveaux plc (from 2001 to 2010) and then as Dods Group (2010–2021).
Directors include Mark Smith, Angela Entwistle, Diane Lees, Richard Boon, Vijay Vaghela, Simon Bullock, Munira Ibrahim and Cornelius Conlon.
Dods Parliamentary Communications Ltd
A subsidiary, Dods Parliamentary Communications Ltd, publishes The House Magazine, a fortnightly publication for peers and MPs in Westminster; the annual Dod's Parliamentary Companion; and The Parliament Magazine, aimed at Members of the European Parliament. Publication of Dods Parliamentary Companion began in 1832.
The company acquired the PoliticsHome website from Lord Ashcroft in 2011, and in 2012 bought Biteback Media Ltd, publisher of Total Politics, for £795,000 in cash, and Holyrood Communications, publisher of Holyrood, for £416,806 cash plus a further £250,000 if profit targets are met.
- Merit Group plc: Company number 04267888: Officers. Companies House. Accessed June 2021.
- Merit Group plc: Company number 04267888. Companies House. Accessed June 2021.
- Merit Group plc. London Stock Exchange. Accessed June 2021.
- Michael Stenton (editor). (1976). Who's who of British Members of Parliament: a biographical dictionary of the House of Commons based on annual volumes of 'Dod's Parliamentary Companion' and other sources, volume 1: 1832-1885. Hassocks: Harvester Press. ISBN 9780855272197.
- "Ashcroft cashes in on PoliticsHome". Media Week. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Dods buys Biteback Media, Holyrood Comms for total £1.46m". Business Desk. 17 December 2012. Retrieved 8 October 2015.