This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Pip Carter is an English actor.
He attended Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical School in Rochester, Kent. Before starting his professional career, Carter trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) where he appeared in productions of The Cosmonaut's Last Message..., Platonov, In the Jungle of Cities, The Good Soldier and Assassins.
Carter's work in theatre includes: Present Laughter and The Hour We Knew Nothing of Each Other at the National Theatre, London. He also appeared in Howard Brenton's new play, Never So Good at the National Theatre, London., David Hare's new play Gethsemane, also at the National Theatre, for which he was nominated as Best Supporting Actor in a Play in the Whatsonstage Theatregoers Choice Awards and in The White Guard at the National Theatre, London and Joseph K at the Gate Theatre, London. He appeared in Nina Raine's Tiger Country at the Hampstead Theatre in early 2011 and from November 2011 to January 2012 as Edward Thomas in Nick Dear's biographical play The Dark Earth and the Light Sky.
In 2016 he appeared as Sergei Voynitzev in Platonov and Medvedenko in The Seagull in the Young Chekhov season at the National Theatre. In 2017 he appeared in the premiere production of Consent at the Royal National Theatre, London.
On television he has appeared in Party Animals (BBC Two) and John Adams (HBO). In 2011 he appeared as Wystan - the poet W. H. Auden - in BBC Two's drama Christopher and His Kind about Christopher Isherwood's time in Berlin in the 1930s. In 2014, he played Freddy Lagarde in Salting the Battlefield. In 2017 he appeared in The Crown.
- PIP CARTER Archived 24 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- National Theatre : Productions : The Hour We Knew Nothing of Each Other Archived 17 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- National Theatre : Productions : Never So Good Archived 12 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- National Theatre : Productions : Gethsemane Archived 7 January 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- Whatsonstage 2009 Theatregoers Choice Awards Archived 17 January 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- National Theatre : Productions : The White Guard Archived 16 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- WhatsOnStage : Plays Cast: Hampstead Tiger, Penelope & Twelfth
- http://www.almeida.co.uk/event/darkearth[failed verification]
- "Consent". National Theatre. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- [failed verification]