|Count of Schaumburg-Lippe|
|Born||5 July 1723|
|Died||13 February 1787 (aged 66)|
|Noble family||House of Lippe|
|Spouse(s)||Ernestine Albertine of Saxe-Weimar|
Juliane of Hesse-Philippsthal
|Father||Frederick Ernest, Count of Lippe-Alverdissen|
|Mother||Elisabeth Philippine of Friesenhausen|
He was born at Rinteln the son of Friedrich Ernst, Count of Lippe-Alverdissen (1687-1777) and his wife Elisabeth Philippine von Friesenhausen. His father was the son of Count Philip Ernest I, the founder of the Lippe-Alverdissen line of the House of Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Duchess Dorothea Amalia of Schlesvig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck (1656-1739).
He succeeded his father as Count of Lippe-Alverdissen in 1749 and ruled until he inherited the Schaumburg-Lippe territories following the death of his cousin Wilhelm on the 10 September 1777. He reigned as Count until his death on the 13 February 1787 when he was succeeded by his only surviving son Georg Wilhelm.
Marriages and children
He was married firstly on the 6 May 1756 at Weimar to Princess Ernestine Albertine of Saxe-Weimar (1722-1769), the daughter of Ernest August I, Duke of Saxe-Weimar. From this marriage he had four children.
- Count Clemens August (1757-1757)
- Count Karl Wilhelm (1759-1780)
- Count Georg Karl (1760-1776)
- Countess Friederike Antoinette (1762-1777)
- Countess Eleonore Luise (1781-1783)
- Countess Wilhelmine Charlotte (1783-1858) married Ernst zu Münster Minister of Hanover
- Count Georg Wilhelm (1784-1860)
- Countess Karoline Luise (1786-1846)