|Birth name||Paul Leary Walthall|
|Born||May 7, 1957|
San Antonio, Texas, United States
|Genres||Alternative rock, punk rock, psychedelic rock, experimental rock, noise rock, hardcore punk, industrial metal|
|Associated acts||Butthole Surfers, Melvins, John Paul Jones, Stone Temple Pilots|
Paul Leary (born May 7, 1957) is an American musician and music producer from Austin, Texas, best known as the lead guitarist and occasional lead vocalist for the American rock band Butthole Surfers. He is also the producer of a number of songs and albums by other bands, including U2, Sublime, Meat Puppets, Daniel Johnston, The Reverend Horton Heat, Pepper, Maggie Walters, Bad Livers, Slightly Stoopid, The Refreshments, Tumbledryer Babies, and Sludge Buzzard. Leary produced Sublime with Rome's debut album, Yours Truly.
In 1991, he released a solo album entitled The History of Dogs. In 1994, Leary appeared on the song "Lounge Fly" from the multi-platinum album Purple by Stone Temple Pilots. He also performed backing vocals on the Meat Puppets and Bad Livers respective renditions of his song "Pee Pee the Sailor".
- AllMusic Biography, "A native of San Antonio, TX, Leary (whose full name is Paul Leary Walthall)..."
- Texas Births, 1926-1995, Paul Leary Walthall, Birth Date: 1957-05-07
- "Sublime With Rome". Sublime With Rome. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "Album Review: The Cocky Bitches - Mercy". New Noise Magazine. 2018-11-20. Retrieved 2021-04-12.
- Pearis, Bill (January 5, 2021). "Butthole Surfers' Paul Leary preps 'Born Stupid' (listen to the title track)". Brooklyn Vegan. Retrieved 2 February 2021.