|Papa The Great|
|Directed by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Screenplay by||K. Bhagyaraj|
Nawab Arzoo (dialogue)
|Story by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Produced by||Gulshan Kumar|
|Cinematography||K. S. Prakash Rao|
Papa The Great is a 2000 Indian Hindi-language drama film directed by K. Bhagyaraj. A remake of his own Tamil film Vaettiya Madichu Kattu (1998), it stars Krishan Kumar, Nagma and Master Bobby. The film focuses on a meek man who lives a peaceful life with his wife and son. However, things contort after he witnesses a murder committed by a dreaded gangster. It was released on 28 July 2000 and failed commercially.
Jai Prakash, an engineer, lives peacefully with his wife Pooja and son Sonu. The latter believes his father is a macho, but this is not true; Jai is meek, to the point that he would surrender rather than fight. But when Jai witnesses a murder committed by the dreaded gangster Raka, he must find the courage to testify in court.
- Krishan Kumar as Jai Prakash
- Nagma as Pooja
- Satya Prakash as Raka
- Master Bobby as Sonu
- Satish Kaushik as Chutki Prasad
- Laxmikant Berde as Mungherilal
- Mahavir Shah as a policeman
- Anil Dhawan as a police inspector
- Shama Deshpande as Radha
- Shatrughan Sinha as Biharilal
Papa The Great is a remake of director K. Bhagyaraj's own Tamil film Vaettiya Madichu Kattu (1998). It was produced by Gulshan Kumar of T-Series, and the screenplay was written by Bhagyaraj, while Nawab Arzoo wrote the dialogues. Cinematography was handled by K. S. Prakash Rao. The final cut of the film was 143 minutes.
All lyrics are written by Faaiz Anwar.
|1.||"Papa The Great"||Udit Narayan, Aditya Narayan||6:00|
|2.||"Apni Si Lagti Hai"||Sonu Nigam||6:00|
|3.||"Husn Jawani"||Harbhajan Mann||5:02|
|4.||"O Rabba Mujhe"||Udit Narayan, Anuradha Paudwal|
|5.||"Mausam Badal Raha"||Udit Narayan, Anuradha Paudwal||5:25|
|6.||"Bindiya Saji Nahin"||Udit Narayan||6:10|
|7.||"Aao Humse Pyar"||Kumar Sanu||5:05|
|8.||"Nagri Nagri"||Vinod Rathod, Anuradha Paudwal||6:00|
Release and reception
Papa The Great was released on 28 July 2000. Critic Taran Adarsh wrote for Bollywood Hungama, "On the whole, [Papa The Great] lacks in qualities to have a safe ride at the box-office." Made on a budget of ₹17,500,000 (equivalent to ₹58 million or US$820,000 in 2019), the film grossed ₹6,744,750 (US$95,000) worldwide, thus becoming a box-office bomb.
- "Papa – The Great Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 20 November 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- Adarsh, Taran (15 December 2000). "Papa – The Great Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 20 November 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- "Papa The Great | Cast". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 20 November 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- Rajitha (7 June 2000). "If not Papa The Great, then Kabbadi Kabaddi". Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 20 November 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- "Papa The Great". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 9 July 2019. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- "Papa The Great". Gaana.com. Archived from the original on 14 September 2017. Retrieved 20 November 2019.