|Headquarters||San Francisco, United States|
|Rod Squires (CEO), Tal Weiss (founder)|
|Owner||Tal Weiss, Iris Shoor, Niv Steingarten, Chen Harel and Dor Levi|
OverOps is a software analytics company based in San Francisco, CA and Tel Aviv, Israel. The company develops a static and dynamic code analysis technology to analyze code events in real time. The technology's focus is large-scale Java and Scala code bases.
OverOps was founded as Takipi in December 2011. Prior to Takipi, Tal Weiss (CTO) and Iris Shoor (VP Product) co-founded VisualTao (acquired by Autodesk Inc in 2009). In 2012 Takipi received seed investment of $700K by private investors. In 2013 Takipi received $4.5 million in venture capital from Menlo Ventures.
In 2018 the company announced the hiring of Rod Squires as CEO and move of founder Tal Weiss into the role of Chief Technology Officer.
OverOps uses a Java agent to perform code analysis and track code changes in real time. Using graph analysis, OverOps maps an application's codebase and the different connections between variables, methods and classes. When a runtime exception, log error or a performance issue are reported, the code maps are used to record data of variable values, methods, threads and JVMs which led to the errors. OverOps is delivered in a software as a service (SaaS) model, where the majority of the analysis is performed in the "cloud". The software can also be deployed in a hybrid model (where collector and agent are on-prem with analytics in the cloud) or fully on-prem for all components.
- Female founder to watch out of Israel. Forbes.com
- The 2013 Geek Award winners. geektime.com
- Takipi Analyzes the Most Popular Code Libraries Java Developers. java.net
- Introduction to Takipi. typesafe.com
- Geek on one: Iris Shoor, founder Takipi. geektime.co.il
- Audodesk acquires sequoia backed software design. techcrunch.com
- Server debugging co Takipi raises $4.5M. globes.co.il
- . forbes.com
- Weiss, Tal (August 25, 2016). "Takipi is Now OverOps". OverOps Blog. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- OverOps scores $30 million led by Lightspeed Ventures TechCrunch.com
- "Software Analytics Company OverOps Hires Rod Squires as CEO". ReadITQuik. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- Amazon Web Services Speeds Can Vary By Up To 200x Depending On Region. venturebeat.com