|Location||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
The Organization of Military Museums of Canada is a national organization for the promotion of military museums in Canada.
The OMMC was established in 1967 by a group of military museums, historians, and military history enthusiasts. It has over 40 individual and 60 institutional members including Canadian Forces museums, Parks Canada sites federal, provincial and municipal museums. The OMMC is a registered, charitable, not for profit organization which was incorporated as the Organization of Military Museums of Canada in 1992. Léon Chamois is the President of OMMC Inc. The OMMC is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
The OMMC is an umbrella organization for Canadian museums whose major purpose is the preservation and display of military artifacts, as well as for all other interested institutions and individuals. The OMMC is a federally incorporated, not-for-profit institution.
The OMMC is an association of peoples and organizations who operate military museums, promote the Military history of Canada, preserve and display military artifacts and militaria, and re-enact military operations.
The OMMC Inventory of Canadian Military Memorials in Canada was a millennium project to identify and record all Canadian military memorials in Canada.
The OMMC provides courses, meetings and other opportunities for members to explore common problems, provide instruction on new methods in museological practice and broaden the historical knowledge of museum staffs. The OMMC newsletter is The Bulletin.
The OMMC's partners include the Canadian Museums Association (CMA). Member organizations partner with local heritage organizations.
The Organization of Military Museums of Canada was incorporated in 1992. The OMMC fosters public awareness and promotes the enjoyment of Canada’s military history. The “Bezeau Report”, the OMMC strategic plan was presented to the membership in 1998.
Member Museums in Canada include
- List of conflicts in Canada
- List of Canadian military operations
- Canadian Forces
- History of the Canadian Army
- History of Canada
- Military history
- Colonial militia in Canada
- List of Canadian Victoria Cross recipients
- Canada and the American Civil War
- Canada and the Vietnam War
- Mackenzie-Papineau Battalion - Canada and the Spanish Civil War
- Canada and NATO
- Canada and the United Nations
- A-AD-266-000/AG-001 Canadian Forces Museums – Operations and Administration 2002-04-03
- http://www.dnd.ca/memorial/engraph/home_e.asp Archived 2002-01-18 at the Wayback Machine OMMC Inventory of Canadian Military Memorials in Canada
- http://www.ommc.ca/eng/welcome.html Archived 2009-02-02 at the Wayback Machine Organization of Military Museums of Canada
- http://www.journal.forces.gc.ca/vo6/no2/history-histoire-02-eng.asp History of the Canadian Forces Museums 1919-2004
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Organization of Military Museums of Canada.|
- The Organization of Military Museums of Canada
- Canadian Museums Association website
- Canadian War Museum
- Canadian Aboriginal Military Histories Digital Library
- CBC "Canada: A People's History" includes military history
- DND 101 (Department of National Defence primer)
- CBC Archives - Conflict and War
- CBC Archives - The 1991 Gulf War
-  - Haldimand Collection . Index and abstracts of the 232 series. Primary source on the conflict between Great Britain and the thirteen colonies of America that became the United States (1756–1787)