|Founder||Jane Friedman and Jeffrey Sharp|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Distribution||Ingram Publisher Services|
|Publication types||Books, websites|
|Imprints||Open Road Media, Open Road Media Young Readers|
Open Road Integrated Media or ORIM (stylized as OR/M and also called Open Road) is a digital media company in New York City that was created by Jane Friedman and Jeffrey Sharp in 2009 with a focus on publishing ebook editions of older works of literature and nonfiction. In addition to its ebook publishing business, Open Road Integrated Media is the parent company of book publisher Open Road Media and content brands Early Bird Books, The Lineup, The Archive, Murder & Mayhem, A Love So True, and The Portalist.
Former HarperCollins CEO Jane Friedman and film producer Jeffrey Sharp launched Open Road Integrated Media with the goal of bringing backlist books back to life in digital formats and partnering with writers of contemporary and classic works. The Open Road Media catalog includes authors such as William Styron, Pat Conroy, Samuel R. Delany, Alice Walker, John Ashbery, Octavia Butler, Robin McKinley, Michael Chabon, Sherman Alexie, Pearl S. Buck, Elizabeth Lynn and Dee Brown.
After acquiring the content of independent publishers E-Reads and Premier Digital in 2014, and signing deals with other publishers and authors, the Open Road Media catalog expanded to 10,000 titles by 2015.
- Open Road Media
- Open Road Media Young Readers
- "Publishers We Work With - Book Distribution | Ingram Content Group". Retrieved 2017-11-12.
- Swanson, Clare (21 September 2015). "Slavin Named President at Open Road". Publishers Weekly.
- Rich, Motoko (13 October 2009). "New E-Book Company to Focus on Older Titles". New York Times.
- "Open Road: Friedman Named Chairman, Slavin CEO".
- "Open Road Acquires E-Reads".
- "Open Road Buys Premier Digital E-book Line".
- "Jane Friedman says Open Road is Like "Knopf in the '70s"".
- "OverDrive Launches QuickStart eBook Collection to Promote Reading in Elementary Schools". DigitalJournal.com. 14 March 2016.
OverDrive is partnering with award-winning publishers like Dawn Publications, Open Road Integrated Media