|Education||Princeton University (PhD), University of Sydney (BA)|
|Awards||Australian Academy of the Humanities fellowship|
|Institutions||University of Sydney|
|Doctoral advisor||Gideon Rosen, John P. Burgess|
|philosophy of language, logic|
|degree-based theory of vagueness|
Nicholas Jeremy Josef Smith (born 1972) is an Australian philosopher and Professor of Philosophy at the University of Sydney. He is a fellow of the Australian Academy of the Humanities and a former President of the Australasian Association for Logic. Smith is known for his research on logics.
- Logic: The Laws of Truth, Princeton University Press, 2012
- Vagueness and Degrees of Truth, Oxford University Press, 2008
- Paoli, F. (27 March 2014). "Logic. The Laws of Truth". History and Philosophy of Logic. 35 (3): 306–308. doi:10.1080/01445340.2014.902243. ISSN 0144-5340. S2CID 119567628.
- Cook, Roy T. (25 November 2010). "Vagueness and Degrees of Truth - By Nicholas J. J. Smith". Theoria. 76 (4): 380–384. doi:10.1111/j.1755-2567.2010.01088.x. ISSN 0040-5825.
- Ripley, David (2010). "Review of Vagueness and Degrees of Truth". Analysis. 70 (1): 188–190. doi:10.1093/analys/anp152. JSTOR 23315099.