Nasim Amrohvi or Naseem Amrohvi (Urdu: نسیم امروہوی, romanized: Allamah Nasīm Amrohvī; (24 August 1908 – 28 February 1987) was a Pakistani Urdu poet, philosopher, and lexicographer who was born as Syed Qaim Raza Taqvi on 24 August 1908 in Amroha, British India.
He belonged to the Taqvi Syed family. His father was Syed Barjees Hussain Taqvi and his mother was Syeda Khatoon. His grand father was Shamim Amrohvi who was bestowed the title of Farazdaq-e-Hind.
Nasim Amrohvi was a member of Urdu Lughat Board. Over several years, Nasim Amrohvi compiled an Urdu dictionary entitled Nasim-ul-Lughat. For each word Nasim-ul-Lughat provides not only its meaning, its usage, its related proverbs but also the verses containing it. He also used to write Marsiya besides being a lexicographer.
Some of his major works include:
- Khutbat-e-Mushiran (1942)
- Adabī kahāniyān̲
- Nasīm ul-lug̲h̲āt, Urdū
- Dust banu dust bana'u
- Risālah tauz̤ih al-masāʼil. Translation of a book on Shīʻah doctrines by Abū al-Qāsim ibn ʻAlī Akbar al-Khūʼī
- Mūmin-i āl-i Ibrāhīm. Two poems on Shiite themes
- Musaddas-i Nasīm. On the prophet Muhammad
- Farhang-i Iqbāl. Large book on the philosophy of Sir Muhammad Iqbal, 1877-1938, national poet of Pakistan
- Urdū lug̲h̲at : tārīk̲h̲ī uṣūl par. Dictionary of Urdu language
- Mars̲iyah-yi Josh. Elegy on the death of Josh Malihabadi (1896-1982), Urdu poet of Pakistan
- Cashmah-yi g̲h̲am. Elegies, chiefly on the martyrs of the battle of Karbala
- ʻAllāmah Iqbāl ke cāron̲ davāvīn. Dictionary of terms used in the works of Sir Muhammad Iqbal, 1877-1938, national poet of Pakistan
- A long-running serial (Nasim Amrohvi) Dawn (newspaper), Published 20 April 2005, Retrieved 10 May 2018
- Book Review and Profile of Nasim Amrohvi on GoogleBooks website Retrieved 10 May 2018
- Nasim Amrohvi; a Renowned Urdu Poet on Urdu Adab website Published 20 July 2011, Retrieved 10 May 2018
- Reflections on modern Marsia Dawn (newspaper), Published 27 March 2002, Retrieved 10 May 2018
- Books by Nasim Amrohvi on rekhta.org website Retrieved 10 May 2018