|Genre||Soap opera |
|Directed by||Robert Rajashekar|
|Starring||Sonia Agarwal |
|Theme music composer||Ramkiran Dhina|
|Opening theme||"Nadhi Irundhal"|
K. S. Chithra (Vocals)
Thabu Shankar (Lyrics)
|Country of origin||Tamil Nadu|
|No. of seasons||01|
|No. of episodes||120+|
|Production location||Tamil Nadu|
|Running time||approx. 20-22 minutes per episodes|
|Production company||Avni Telemedia|
|Original network||Kalaignar TV|
|Original release||15 December 2008 - 2009 |
22 August 2016 –
|Preceded by||Manjal Magimai|
|Followed by||Uravukku Kai Koduppom|
Naanal (Tamil: நாணல்) is a 2008-2009 Indian-Tamil-language soap opera starring Sonia Agarwal, Neebha and Shreekumar. It replaced Manjal Magimai and it broadcast on Kalaignar TV from 15 December 2008 to 2009 on Monday through Thursday at 19:30 (IST). It will star Sonia Agarwal, who makes her debut on the small screen.
Radhika' (Sonia Agarwal) who was widowed at a young age unfortunately. She comes out of her grievences and starts a new life when fate strikes again. She comes to know that her husband Rajesh is still alive after 5 years and is married to another woman 'Kadhambari' (Neebha). Naanal is a type of tall growing grass on the banks of rivers which twists, turns and bends in severe storm, but never breaks. As the title implies, she bends and bows when the storm strikes and survives the hardships without breaking down. Kadhambari takes all sorts of efforts to prevent the union of Rajesh and Radhika. Amidst all the turmoil, Radhika comes to know about Kadhambari's grandmother who was responsible for the ill fate of her family. Radhika's feminine strength, morality and virtues are the backbone of the story and it's the main reason for the top rating for this series.
- Sonia Agarwal as Radhika (Rajesh first Wife)
- Neebha as Kadhambari (Rajesh second Wife)
- Shreekumar as Rajesh (Radhika and Kandambari's Husband)
- Revathy Shankaran
- Joker Thulasi
The Series was released on 15 December 2008 on Kalaignar TV. The Show was also broadcast internationally on Channel's international distribution. It aired in Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia, South East Asia, Middle East, Oceania, South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa on Kalaignar TV and also aired in United States, Canada, Europe on Kalaignar Ayngaran TV.
- "Naanal New Serial on Kalaignar TV from 15th December". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 12 December 2008.
- "Sonia plays a widow in Naanal". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- "Good news for Sonia Agarwal's fans". www.behindwoods.com. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "Kusboo with Sonia for a tv serial". kamaofkingston.blogspot.ch.
- "Sonia Acting in Kusboo Serial". filmnewsrecords.blogspot.ch.
- "Sonia is back on small screen". www.sify.com.
- "Kushboo's TV serial Naanal for Kalaignar TV". www.old1.kasaragodvartha.com.