Founded in 1991, Muze, Inc. was a business-to-business provider of media information, metadata, and digital preview samples that enable search, discovery, and purchase of digital entertainment content. Muze media information databases are used by businesses to support the sale of entertainment products – such as music tracks and albums, videos and DVDs, books, and video games – and to attract and retain subscribers to Internet, mobile, and social networking sites. Muze was based in New York City with operations in North America and the United Kingdom.
In April 2009, Macrovision (now TiVo) announced that it had signed a definitive agreement to acquire substantially all of the assets of Muze, Inc. in a $16.5 million cash transaction. The transaction closed on April 30.
- Muze gets creative with Net music business model, Courtney Macavinta, CNet News.com, (November 30, 1999).
- Macrovision Press Release Archived 2011-07-10 at the Wayback Machine
- "Macrovision Solutions to buy Muze for $16.5 mln". Reuters. 2009-04-15. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- Macrovision, Customer Letter, April 30, 2009, retrieved June 19, 2009
- "ArkivMusic - About ArkivMusic". www.arkivmusic.com. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1". rottentomatoes.com. Retrieved 19 April 2018.