|Murder on the Second Floor|
|Directed by||William C. McGann|
|Produced by||Irving Asher|
|Written by||Roland Pertwee|
|Based on||play by Frank Vosper|
|Cinematography||Willard Van Enger|
|Distributed by||Warner Brothers (UK)|
Murder on the Second Floor is a 1932 British thriller film directed by William C. McGann and starring Pat Paterson, John Longden and Sydney Fairbrother. The screenplay concerns a novelist who imagines the murders of his fellow boarding-house tenants. It was based on a play of the same name by Frank Vosper. Warner Brothers later remade it in Hollywood as Shadows on the Stairs (1941).
- John Longden as Hugh Bromilow
- Pat Paterson as Sylvia Armitage
- Sydney Fairbrother as Miss Snell
- Ben Field as Mr. Armitage
- Florence Desmond asLucy
- Franklyn Bellamy as Joseph Reynolds
- John Turnbull as Inspector
- "Murder on the Second Floor". 1 January 1932 – via IMDb.
- "Murder on the Second Floor (1932)". Archived from the original on 15 January 2009.
- "Murder on the Second Floor (1932) - William McGann - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie".