|Directed by||Edward Sedgwick|
|Produced by||Edward Sedgwick|
|Screenplay by||Richard Flournoy|
Arthur V. Jones
|Story by||Jack Jevne|
|Music by||Marvin Hatley|
|Cinematography||Milton R. Krasner|
|Edited by||Jack Ogilvie|
Mr. Cinderella is a 1936 American comedy film directed by Edward Sedgwick and written by Richard Flournoy and Arthur V. Jones. The film stars Jack Haley, Betty Furness, Arthur Treacher, Raymond Walburn, Robert McWade and Rosina Lawrence. The film was released on October 23, 1936, by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Automotive mogul Peter Randolph desperately needs money for a diesel engine he is developing. He has daughter Pat extend a dinner invitation to eccentric millionaire Aloysius P. Merriweather, a man they've never met. Merriweather, to amuse himself, sends his barber Joe Jenkins in his place.
Aloysius is on his way to meet girlfriend Mazie when he is struck by a car. Joe, meantime, is smitten with Pat, but things go wrong. He capsizes their boat, then sets her father's cabin on fire. They spend the night together on a beach, and Aunt Penelope impulsively announces Pat's engagement to marry "Aloysius."
Joe keeps up the ruse at Pat's behest, trying to avoid a family scandal. He befriends wealthy Mr. Watkins in the meantime. Mazie reads about the engagement and shows up, causing trouble, as does her brother Spike, who has decided to kill her cheating boyfriend. Aloysius awakens in time to prevent Joe from being killed, and since neither Pat's dad or Aloysius has enough money for the engine, Mr. Watkins agrees to stake them.
- Jack Haley as Joe Jenkins
- Betty Furness as Patricia 'Pat' Randolph
- Arthur Treacher as Watkins
- Raymond Walburn as Peter Randolph
- Robert McWade as Mr. J.J. Gates
- Rosina Lawrence as Maizie Merriweather
- Monroe Owsley as Aloysius P. Merriweather
- Kathleen Lockhart as Aunt Penelope 'Penny' Winfield
- Edward Brophy as Detective McNutt
- Charlotte Wynters as Martha
- Tom Dugan as Spike Nolan
- Iris Adrian as Lil
- Toby Wing as Lulu
- Morgan Wallace as Mr. Emmett Fawcett
- Arthur Aylesworth as Mr. Simpson
- John Hyams as Mr. Wilberforce
- Leila McIntyre as Mrs. Wilberforce