Prof. Moti Bodek
|Practice||Bodek Architects Ltd. Tel Aviv|
|Buildings||Eilat Sports Center, Bikur Holim Hospital at Jerusalem, Tiberias Football Stadium|
Prof. Moti Bodek (Hebrew: מוטי בודק; born 1961) is an Israeli architect, the owner of the firm Bodek Architects based in Tel Aviv, and a Professor of Architecture at Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem.
Moti Bodek was born and grew up in Haifa. He served in the Israeli security forces from 1979 to 1985. In 1989 he graduated with honors from the department of Environmental Design at Bezalel Academy of Art and Design Jerusalem, and in 1990 he earned his B.Arch. degree from the Faculty of Architecture in the Technion, Haifa.
From 2001 to 2004, Bodek served as deputy head of the Architecture Department at Ariel University.
Currently he is a Professor of Architecture and the Head of Lecturers Organization at Bezalel Academy of Art and Design.
Bodek was one of the founders of staff organization boards at higher education institutions, and also served as Deputy Chairman.
Bodek engaged in the research, design and construction of projects based on the discipline of biomimicry (imitation of life).
- Eilat Sports Center
- Tiberias Football Stadium
- Meron School, Tel Aviv
- Kfar Qassem Football Stadium
- Tel Aviv University Sports Centre
- New neighborhood near Beersheba River Park
- Two pedestrian bridges, Ashdod
- Sea Sports Centre & Sailing Club Eilat
- Synagogue, Be'er Ganim near Ashkelon
- Bikur Holim Hospital, Jerusalem
- The Russian Embassy house on Rothschild Boulevard, Tel Aviv
- Bus stops on Highway 44 (Israel)
- Tel Aviv Central Bus Station
- Biomimicry - Architecture influenced by systems of nature, Exhibition of Buildings & Projects by Architect Moti Bodek. International Week, FHP University of Applied Sciences, freiLand Potsdam Germany. 12-16 May 2014.
- BIO-DESIGN: HYBRID FABRICTIONSׂ, Group Exhibition. Master's Program in Integrated Design, Research Gallery, Design Faculty, HIT Holon Institute of Technology, Israel. 28 April-19 May 2015
- La Biennale di Venezia, The 15th International Architecture Exhibition Venice, Italy, May 28th to November 27th 2016.
Conferences and lectures
- Education Committee of the Knesset, August 2007
- Houses From Within, Tel Aviv. May 2008
- Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem, June 2012
- Sports and Architecture, Archijob Center Tel Aviv, July 2012
- Biomimicry Architecture influenced by systems of nature, HIT – Holon Institute of Technology, May 2013
- Works in Progress, ZEZEZE Architecture Gallery, Tel Aviv, November 2013
- the Israeli Professional Visual Artists Association, Beit Ariela Library Tel Aviv, December 2013
- Potsdam International Week Opening Lecture, freiLand, Potsdam Germany, May 2014
- Biomorphic Architectural Concepts - Lecture and Workshop, freiLand, Potsdam Germany, May 2014[permanent dead link]
- Craft Contemporary Material Culture Conference, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design Jerusalem, May 2014
- IMPACT, the Israeli Professional Visual Artists Association, Alfred Gallery Tel Aviv, September 2014
- Zandberg, Esther (2003-12-18). "Surroundings / Ugly as sin". Haaretz.
- Dvir, Noam (2009-07-14). "Reaching new heights". Haaretz.
- Ministry of Housing (2011-02-10). "Synagogue near Ashkelon" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-10-16. Retrieved 2013-03-29. (P.33-36 Hebrew)
- Dvir, Noam (2011-03-07). "Jerusalem reaches for the heavens". Haaretz.
- Houses From Within (2011-05-20). "Russian Embassy on Rothschild Boulevard". Tour no.75. Archived from the original on 2014-04-13. Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- Jacobson, Michael (2011-09-15). "Eilat Sports Center/היכלות ושעשועים". Xnet (Hebrew).
- Riba, Na'ama (2012-09-15). "Eilat Sports Center/מה העירייה עושה למענך השנה". Xnet (Hebrew).
- Battistini, Francesco (2012-10-14). "Las Vegas of Arabia". Corriere della Sera. Archived from the original on 2013-12-13.
- Ashtoker, Ofer (2012-11-08). "Pedestrian bridge in Ashdod/גשר להולכי רגל באשדוד". Ashdod Net (Hebrew).
- Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem. "Faculty Staff".
- Riba, Na'ama (2013-11-26). "Eilat's red egg: a new gymnasium at Tse'elim school /הביצה האדומה של אילת: אולם הספורט החדש בבית ספר צאלים". Xnet (Hebrew).
- On the Ground, Works in Progress (2013-11-11). "ZEZEZE Architecture Gallery".
- "New design: The turtle stadium of Tiberias". StadiumDB.com. 17 April 2016
- "University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule), Potsdam, Germany. Biomimicry, Architecture influenced by systems of nature, Exhibition of Buildings & Projects".
- "Bezalel, Academy of Art and Design Jerusalem, Israel. Biomimicry, Architecture influenced by systems of nature, Exhibition of Buildings & Projects".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Moti_Bodek.|