Mortada Ahmed Mohamed Mansour
18 June 1952
Shubra, Cairo Governorate, Republic of Egypt
|Spouse(s)||Nagwa El Deeb|
Mortada Ahmed Mohamed Mansour (Arabic: مرتضى أحمد محمد منصور; born 17 June 1952 in Cairo) is an Egyptian lawyer who served as president of Zamalek SC (2014–2020). Mansour announced his intention on 6 April 2014 to pursue the presidency in the 2014 Egyptian presidential election, though he withdrew on 19 April and announced his support for former defense minister Abdel Fattah el-Sisi for the presidency.
Education and Politics
Mansour is married to Najwa al-Deeb, with whom he has two sons and one daughter.
He was imprisoned in 2007 for three years, on charges of insulting the head of a judicial body and trying to storm his office.
Mansour has called the day of the Egyptian Revolution of 2011, 25 January, "the worst-ever day in Egypt's history". He also holds very strict and negative thoughts and comments towards Zamalek SC's arch rival, Al-Ahly, and consistently accuses them of manipulating the Egyptian football federation for fixing the schedules in their favor. He also believed that black magic and genies were responsible for Zamalek SC's bad luck and poor performances.
Mansour is a vocal critic of actresses and their dresses in Egyptian media. During the COVID-19 pandemic, he criticized robots like Sophia and her manufacturers for imitating God's creation, when he said:
God punishes us "humanity" because we tried to challenge him by making a "robot" to compete with the Creator, a robot that speaks and roams the whole world.
In January 2020, the Egyptian parliament led by Ali Abdel Aal refused three demands to strip Mansour of immunity, due to the presence of malicious suspicion of the complaints, and previous disagreements between him and the accusers.
In August 2020, there was a hearing in the Egyptian parliament to whether lift immunity of Mansour, following a voice leak, in which he insulted Al-Ahly president Mahmoud El Khatib and his former player Mahmoud Kahraba. In the meantime, Mansour claimed that his phone was hacked by a Qatari intelligence officer.
On 4 October 2020, the Board of Directors of the Egyptian Olympic Committee decided to suspend Mortada Mansour from practicing any sporting activity in Egypt for four years, based on complaints submitted by the president of Al-Ahly Mahmoud El Khatib and many others.
- "Mortada Mansour announces presidential bid". Daily News Egypt. 6 April 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Mortada Mansour to run for president". Mada Masr. 6 April 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Lawyer Mortada Mansour withdraws from presidential race". Ahram Online. 19 April 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "دخلت كلية الحقوق صدفة.. مرتضى منصور يكشف عن مهنته قبل العمل فى المحاماة.. فيديو". elbalad.news (in Arabic). 4 January 2020.
- "Mortada Mansour Loses Parliamentary Elections". Egyptian Streets. 10 November 2020.
- "ننشر أسماء الفائزين في انتخابات مجلس النواب بـ 11 دائرة بالدقهلية". ahram.org (in Arabic). 3 December 2015. Archived from the original on 2019-05-05.
- "الحكم بالسجن ثلاث سنوات على رئيس نادي الزمالك المصري". radiosawa.com (in Arabic). 2 May 2007. Archived from the original on 2019-04-21.
- "Egypt's crackdown". The Economist. 23 January 2016. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "مرتضى منصور: السحر والجن وراء تراجع أداء الزمالك". Al Jazeera (in Arabic). 25 December 2019.
- "بالفيديو - مرتضى منصور يهاجم رانيا يوسف بشراسة.. ماذا قال؟". lahamag.com (in Arabic). 21 September 2019.
- "فيديو.. مرتضى منصور: كورونا عقاب من الله بسبب صناعة روبوت ينافس خلقه". alwafd.news (in Arabic). 18 March 2020.
- "مرتضى منصور: الكورونا عقاب رباني شديد للعالم بعد صناعة الصين روبوت شبيه بالإنسان". ifm.tn (in Arabic). 28 April 2020.
- "البرلمان يرفض 3 طلبات لرفع الحصانة عن مرتضى منصور". youm7.com (in Arabic). 28 January 2020. Archived from the original on 2020-01-29.
- "تفاصيل رفض البرلمان رفع الحصانة عن مرتضى منصور بـ3 قضايا.. المجلس يسمع أقواله فى فيديو سب وقذف الخطيب..ويتهم مخابرات قطر باختراق هاتفه وفبركة فيديو جنسى..والنواب يتبنى مبادرة للم الشمل بين رئيسى الأهلى والزمالك". youm7.com (in Arabic). 17 August 2020.
- "Olympic Committee decides to suspend Mortada Mansour for 4 years". Al Khaleej Today. 5 October 2020.