The rock consists of limestone/ chert. With boulders between a few feet till 20 feet tall. The boulders are graded according to the Japanese Dankyu grading system. With problems ranging between Fb3 and Fb8B.
- Krieger, Daniel (2011-04-01). "Bouldering's steady climb in Tokyo | CNN Travel". Cnngo.com. Retrieved 2013-09-22.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-09-05. Retrieved 2011-06-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Climbing Japan > Mitake". Mountain Project. 2010-02-10. Retrieved 2013-09-22.
- "UKC Articles - Ogawayama Bouldering". Ukclimbing.com. Retrieved 2013-09-22.
- "GLOBAL". 8a.nu. Retrieved 2013-09-22.
- Story by Vera Schulte-Pelkum / Photos Topher Donahue. "The Way of the Weekend Warrior". Climbing. Archived from the original on 2011-05-25. Retrieved 2013-09-22.
- Article about bouldering in, and around Tokyo
- Climbing.com article about climbing and bouldering in Japan
- Ukclimbing.com article about bouldering in Ogawayama and Mitake
- Japantimes.com article about bouldering in Mitake