|Jurisdiction||Government of Singapore|
|Headquarters||40 Scotts Road, #24-00 Environment Building, Singapore 228231|
|Annual budget||2.75 billion (est) SGD (2019)|
The Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment (Abbreviation: MSE; Malay: Kementerian Kemampanan dan Sekitaran; Chinese: 永续发展与环境部; Tamil: நீடித்த நிலைத்தன்மை, சுற்றுப்புற அமைச்சு) is a ministry of the Government of Singapore.
The Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment (MSE) was established in 1972 as the Ministry of the Environment (ENV). It was later renamed the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources (MEWR) in 2004. On 25 July 2020, the Ministry was renamed to Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment.
The Ministry is responsible for providing a quality living environment and a high standard of public health, protected against the spread of communicable diseases. It also has to ensure a clean and hygienic living environment, as well as managing the complete water cycle – from sourcing, collection, purification and supply of drinking water; to the treatment of used water and recycling into NEWater; desalination; as well as storm water drainage. Since 1 April 2019, it also handles food issues through the Singapore Food Agency.
The Ministry is headed by the Minister for Sustainability and the Environment, who is appointed as part of the Cabinet of Singapore.
|Potrait||Minister||Start of Term||End of Term||Political Party||Ref.|
|Minister for the Environment|
|Lim Kim San||1972||1975||People's Action Party|
|Edmund William Barker||1975|
|Lim Kim San||1979|
|Ong Pang Boon||1981|
|Mah Bow Tan||July 1993||April 1995|
|Teo Chee Hean||17 April 1995 (Acting)||14 January 1996|
|15 January 1996||24 January 1997|
|Yeo Cheow Tong||25 January 1997||2 June 1999|
|Lee Yock Suan||3 June 1999||30 September 2000|
|Lim Swee Say||1 October 2000 (Acting)||22 November 2001|
|23 November 2001||11 August 2004|
|Minister for the Environment and Water Resources|
|Yaacob Ibrahim||12 August 2004||20 May 2011||People's Action Party|
|Vivian Balakrishnan||21 May 2011||30 September 2015|
|Masagos Zulkifli||1 October 2015||26 July 2020|||
|Minister for Sustainability and the Environment|
|Grace Fu||27 July 2020||Incumbent||People's Action Party|||
- Organisations of the Singapore Government
- President's Award for the Environment
- Statutory boards of the Singapore Government
- "NEA". mse.gov.sg. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "PUB". mse.gov.sg. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Singapore Food Agency". mse.gov.sg. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- Ong, Justin (28 September 2015). "Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announces Singapore's new Cabinet". Channel NewsAsia. Archived from the original on 21 June 2018. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Mahmud, Aqil Haziq (25 July 2020). "PM Lee announces new Cabinet; 6 office holders promoted, 3 retirements". CNA. Archived from the original on 25 July 2020. Retrieved 25 July 2020.