An agriculture ministry (also called an) agriculture department, agriculture board, agriculture council, or agriculture agency, or ministry of rural development) is a ministry charged with agriculture. The ministry is often headed by a minister for agriculture.
Specific duties may relate to regulation, promotion, agricultural research, price supports and agricultural subsidies, plant diseases, invasive species and the management of biosecurity. Some countries have multiple agriculture ministries, devoting entire ministries to more specific policy areas such as forestry and fisheries; rural affairs; food and food quality, security, and safety; consumer protection; and matters relating to the environment.
Agriculture ministries by country
|Rhodesia||Ministry of Agriculture||Minister of Agriculture|
- Food administration
- Food and Agriculture Organization
- List of environmental ministries
- List of forestry ministries
- "Organizational Chart of North Korean Leadership" (PDF). Seoul: Political and Military Analysis Division, Intelligence and Analysis Bureau; Ministry of Unification. August 2016. p. 2. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Korea, North - NDE". Central Intelligence Agency. 19 January 2017. Retrieved 8 May 2018.