1 January 1978
|Spouse(s)||Lanre Gentry (sep. 2017)|
|Parent(s)||Pa Aigbe (father)|
Abisola Grace Owodunni (mother)
Mercy Aigbe was born on 1 January 1978 in Edo State. to Pa Aigbe and Mrs Abisola Grace OwodunniShe hails from Benin city which is the capital of Edo State. She is the second child in a family of five. She did her primary education at St. Francis primary school and attended Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School Ikeja, Lagos. She is also an alumnus of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State, where she received her OND in Financial Studies.In 2001, Mercy Aigbe graduated from University of Lagos with a degree in Theater Arts.
Mercy Aigbe kicked off her acting career by starring in some soap operas including the popular T.V drama series "Papa Ajasco". Professionally,Mercy joined the Nollywood industry fully in 2006 and acted in the movie that brought her into limelight 'Ara',a movie produced by Remi Olupo in Ibadan,Oyo State.She founded "Mercy Aigbe Gentry School of Drama" in 2016.
In November 2014, Mercy Aigbe was made the brand ambassador for Elephant Gold Rice. Mercy Aigbe signed a one year deal to be the brand ambassador for Prestige Cosmetic in June 2015.In July 2016, Mercy signed an endorsement deal with Edalaf Brother Limited,an IT solution company.She was made an ambassador for a fitness company called "Shape you",the company that produces Slimming Coffee in October 2016. Mercy Aigbe on March 2017, was made the brand ambassador for BK hair. In September 2018, She was made the brand ambassador for "Naija Taxi Services",a company that deal with transportation of people. Mercy Aigbe along with Bose Alao and Biodun Okeowo penned an endorsement deal with a Cosmetic giant "Mary Make"
- Afefe Ife (2008)
- Okanjua (2008)
- Atunida Leyi (2009)
- Igberaga (2009)
- Ihamo (2009)
- Ìpèsè (2009)
- Iró funfun (2009)
- Mafisere (2009)
- Oju ife (2009)
- Omoge Osas (2012)
- Ile Oko Mii (2014)
- Victims (2015)
- The Screenplay (2017)
- Little Drops of Happy (2017)
- 200 Million (2018)
- Second Acts (2018)
- Lagos Real Fake Life (2018)
Awards and honors
- She won the Best Actress in Yoruba award at the City People Awards held in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
- Best Indigenous Language (Yoruba) (2014)
- Best Actress in a supporting Role (Yoruba) (2010)
- Best Actress in an Indigenous Movie Nomination (non-English speaking language) (2012)
- City People Entertainment Yoruba Movie Personality of the year (2015)
- Fashion Entrepreneur of The Year Awarded by Links and Glitz World Awards (2015)
Fashion and style
Mercy Aigbe is known for her unique style and dressing. At the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, Mercy Aigbe's dress earned her great applause from fashion stakeholders, and she trended on social media even after ceremony. The dress was commended for its unique design. In November 2014, Aigbe launched her clothing store, Mag Divas Boutique in Lagos, then opened another outlet in Ibadan. She was awarded Fashion Entrepreneur of The Year at Links and Glitz World Awards. In 2018, Mercy Aigbe purchased a house worth ₦200 million for herself and her kids.
After her first marriage ended due to the interference of her mother inlaw, Mercy Aigbe in 2013, married a Nigerian hotelier, Lanre Gentry, and has two children (Juwon Gentry and Michelle Aigbe) and three stepdaughters. In 2017, she shared photos of herself after allegedly being assaulted by her husband. She consequently separated from her husband due to claims of domestic violence, and started a campaign against it. Mercy Aigbe acquired a multi-million naira new mansion in 2018.
Take On Social Media Life
8 October 2020, She passed her comment on social media life saying "Don't Be Fooled, You're Doing Better Than Most People You See On Social Media"
- Ayomide O. Tayo (3 June 2015). "Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, pretty passionate actress". Retrieved 9 August 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ajomole Helen. "6 Hottest Asoebi Styles Of Mercy Aigbe". Naij. Retrieved 9 August 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Mercy Aigbe looks more beautiful without makeup".
- "My mum and I : I bought car in school and lied to mum I won beauty pageant –Mercy Aigbe-Gentry". The Sun Nigeria. 29 January 2017. Retrieved 13 April 2021.
- Okundia, Jennifer (1 January 2021). "Pictures: Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe hits 43". P.M. News. Retrieved 13 April 2021.
- "Who is Mercy Aigbe? Biography, Age, Career, Net worth, Awards, other Facts ⋆ NaijaHomeBased". NaijaHomeBased. 2 December 2020. Retrieved 14 April 2021.
- "Mercy Aigbe children". naija.ng.
- "True, some of my colleagues are wayward, says Mercy Aigbe". Vanguard News. 21 August 2010. Retrieved 14 April 2021.
- "Mercy Aigbe, beautiful talented actress". Pulse Nigeria. 29 November 2017. Retrieved 14 April 2021.
- "'I'll never do anything to jeopardize my marriage' -Mercy Aigbe | Encomium Magazine". Retrieved 14 April 2021.
- "Mercy Aigbe's drama school graduates first set of trained students". Television Continental. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Braimoh, Tobi (17 July 2016). "Mercy Aigbe Starts Her Own Film School". Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "See actress' behind-the-scenes photos from TVC". Pulse Nigeria. 27 November 2014. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Mercy Aigbe speaks on her new endorsement deal | Encomium Magazine". Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Mercy Aigbe signs new endorsement deal". Vanguard News. 26 July 2016. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Nigerian actress, Mercy Aigbe gentry lands another endorsement deal with a fitness company". Vanguard Allure. 28 October 2016. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- Peter, Adenuga (22 March 2017). "Mercy Aigbe Endorsed As BK Unique Hair Ambassador". Information Nigeria. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- Okundia, Jennifer (27 September 2018). "Mercy Aigbe Bags Another Brand Influencing Deal". P.M. News. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "The Nation Newspaper". Latest Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Politics. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- Ewulluh, Binyelum (26 July 2016). "6 times Mercy Aigbe wowed us on the red carpet". Nigeria Entertainment Today. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Mercy Aigbe's Dress To The #AMVCA2016 Has Got Everyone Talking". StarGist. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Odumade, Omotolani (22 March 2016). "Fans react to This Day Style snub". Pulse. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Banah, Namang (11 December 2014). "Actress launches fashion store". Pulse. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Mercy Aigbe Stays Winning As She Opens Boutique In Ibadan". Fab Woman. 15 March 2018.
- "[Photos] Actress Mercy Aigbe Wins 'Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year' Award". Nigeria Bulletin. 9 January 2016. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Mercy Aigbe Living Her Dreams. . ". ThisDay. 4 August 2018. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Editor. "Mercy Aigbe Biography, Age, Early Life, Family, Relationship, Education, Career, Net worth And More". Information Guide Africa. Retrieved 30 April 2021.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Actress opens up on why her first marriage crashed". Pulse Nigeria. 11 May 2015. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- Juwon and Michelle , 
- "Find out how star actress keeps her marriage going". Pulse. 14 July 2016.
- "Mercy Aigbe Gentry Expecting Another Child For New Hubby". Information Nigeria. Retrieved 9 August 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Adesola Ade-Unuigbe (6 March 2015). "Mercy Aigbe-Gentry to Motherhood InStyle: 'Most Nigerian Men don't want their Wives to Outshine Them". Bella Naija. Retrieved 9 August 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Actress marks 1 year since she encountered domestic violence in failed marriage". Pulse. 16 February 2018.
- "Mercy Aigbe Joins Campaign Against Domestic Violence". Channels TV. 29 June 2017.
- "Don't Be Fooled, You're Doing Better Than Most People You See On Social Media – Mercy Aigbe". The African Media. 8 October 2020. Retrieved 8 October 2020.