|Melody of the Heath|
|Directed by||Ulrich Erfurth|
|Written by||Gerhard Biller|
|Produced by||Gerhard Biller|
|Edited by||Liselotte Cochius|
|Music by||Conny Schumann|
|5 October 1956|
Melody of the Heath (German: Heidemelodie) is a 1956 West German romance film directed by Ulrich Erfurth and starring Carsta Löck, Martin Benrath and Kurt Vespermann. It is part of the post-war tradition of heimatfilm, taking place on Lüneburg Heath. It was shot in eastmancolor.
A young woman schoolteacher replaces an older male in rural Germany.
- Carsta Löck as Luise Nettebohm
- Martin Benrath as Ulrich Haagen
- Kurt Vespermann as Brettschneider
- Ludwig Linkmann as Windewitt
- Heinz Engelmann as Dr. Martin Newiger
- Hans Leibelt as Moralt
- Antje Weisgerber as Hanne Brink
- Charlott Daudert as Klara
- Gustl Gstettenbaur as Sepp
- Richard Handwerk as Nissen
- Harald Martens as Jörg
- Franca Parisi as Manuela Moralt
- Höbusch p.74
- Harald Höbusch. "Mountain of Destiny": Nanga Parbat and Its Path Into the German Imagination. Boydell & Brewer, 2016.