|Type||Sociedad Limitada Unipersonal|
|Industry||Media rights management|
|Jaume Roures (CEO)|
Tatxo Benet (co-founder)
|Revenue||1.967 billion euros (2018)|
|91 million euros (2013)|
|122 million euros (2013)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Imagina Media Audiovisual, S.L.|
|Divisions||Madrid, Bilbao, Seville, Girona (Spain), Lisbon, Porto (Portugal), Miami (USA), Paris (France), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Abu Dhabi (UAE), Qatar, Brussels (Belgium), London (UK), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and Singapore.|
Mediaproducción, S.L.U., better known as Mediapro, is a multimedia communications group in Spain. Founded in 1994 in Barcelona, the company is involved in movie and television production, as well as media.
Mediapro is based in Barcelona, with branch offices in Madrid, Seville, Girona, Lisbon, Madeira, Budapest, Miami, Porto, Qatar, Amsterdam and Tenerife. Mediapro is controlled since 2018 by the Chinese private equity firm, Orient Hontai Capital.
On February 21 February 2019, Canadian Soccer Business announced that Mediapro would serve as the exclusive media rightsholder of Canada Soccer, including rights to the Canadian Premier League, the Canadian Championship, and national team matches. In April, Mediapro announced OneSoccer, a subscription service that would carry this content.
On 29 May 2018, Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) announced that Mediapro had acquired four of the five main lots for media rights to Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 for 2020-21 through 2023–24. Mediapro partnered with TF1 Group to form a new channel known as Téléfoot, to hold these rights. In December 2020, after missing two rights payments early in its first season (citing a desire to renegotiate the contract due to the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic), Mediapro and the LFP agreed to exit the contract.
- Marcos, Natalia (2 April 2019). "The Mediapro Studio arranca con 34 series en producción en todo el mundo". El País (in Spanish).
- "Mediapro strikes 10-year deal for new Canadian Premier League". SportBusiness Media. February 21, 2019. Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- "Cleveland Cavaliers' Quicken Loans Arena to be renamed". SportsPro Media. Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- "Canadian Premier League Available on OneSoccer – 365 Days a Year". CanPL.ca. April 17, 2019. Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- "Canal+ loses Ligue 1 football to Mediapro in major upset". Digital TV Europe. 2018-05-30. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- Borde, Alexandre (2018-05-29). "Droits TV du foot : la Ligue 1 obtient 1,1 milliard, Canal+ sur la touche". Le Point (in French). Retrieved 2020-07-18.
- "Droits TV : Canal+ perd toute la Ligue 1 à partir de 2020 - Foot - L1". L'Équipe (in French). Retrieved 2020-07-18.
- "Mediapro and TF1 team up to launch Téléfoot channel". Digital TV Europe. 2020-06-02. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- "Ligue 1: la chaîne de Mediapro s'appellera " Téléfoot "". RMC SPORT (in French). Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- "Ligue 1 rights picture in disarray as LFP and Mediapro agree to cancel deal". SportsPro Media. 2020-12-10. Retrieved 2020-12-11.