Location within La Vallée-du-Richelieu RCM.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||July 31, 1917|
|• Mayor||Martin Dulac|
|• Federal riding||Beloeil—Chambly|
|• Prov. riding||Borduas|
|• Total||3.40 km2 (1.31 sq mi)|
|• Land||3.10 km2 (1.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,675/km2 (4,340/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2011-2016||1.5%|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||450 and 579|
|Highways|| Route 116 |
McMasterville is a municipality in southwestern Quebec, Canada on the Richelieu River in La Vallée-du-Richelieu Regional County Municipality. The population as of the 2016 Canadian Census was 5,695. It is within the Administrative Region of Montérégie.
McMasterville is located along the Richelieu river, on the shore facing Mont St-Hilaire and Otterburn Park.
Mother tongue language (2016)
The town is host to the École d'éducation internationale which offers secondary level education where students can follow the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme as defined by the IBO. A primary school, École la Farandole, is also present.
- Reference number 293915 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (in French)
- Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l'Occupation du territoire: McMasterville
- Parliament of Canada Federal Riding History: CHAMBLY--BORDUAS (Quebec)
- Profile, 2016 Census - McMasterville, Municipalité [Census subdivision
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2016 census
- Government of Canada, Statistics Canada (2019-09-09). "Census Profile, 2016 Census - McMasterville, Municipalité [Census subdivision]". www12.statcan.gc.ca.
- King, M.J. (Chairperson of the board). "South Shore Protestant Regional School Board" (St. Johns, PQ). The News and Eastern Townships Advocate. Volume 119, No. 5. Thursday December 16, 1965. p. 2. Retrieved from Google News on November 23, 2014.