|Mattituck-Cutchogue Union Free School District|
|Type||Public School District|
|Superintendent||Anne H. Smith Ed. D.|
Mattituck-Cutchogue Union Free School District is a public school district located on the North Fork of Long Island, in Suffolk County, New York, United States. It primarily serves the western part of the Town of Southold, as well as a small portion of the Town of Riverhead, and includes the census-designated places of Mattituck, Cutchogue and Laurel, and portions of Jamesport and Peconic. To the east, the district is bordered by the Southold Union Free School District; and on the west, the Riverhead Central School District.
The total enrollment for the 2007-2008 school year was 1,614 students.
The superintendent is Anne H. Smith Ed. D.
Mattituck-Cutchogue Jr/Sr High School (often referred to as Mattituck High School) caters to students in 7th grade-12th grade. It also operates an email service for these students. The high school building was originally built in 1934.
- Superintendent- Anne Smith
- Principal- Shawn Petretti
- Assistant Principal- David Smith
- Jr. High Dean- Pat Arslanian
- High school Dean- Frank Massa
Cutchogue East Elementary School caters to students in grades from kindergarten to 6th grade. They have a strict policy on kindness and grade students with a 1-4 grading system. Through the years this has been considered a very good school.
- Principal- Kathleen Devine
- Vice principal- Deborah Guryn
In recent years, one of the major problems in this district has been the budget. It passed in 2007, but was turned down in 2005, leading to austerity. From there an organization was created, The Mattituck Cutchogue Fund For Students. I
In 2015, the Mattituck High School Varsity Baseball Team won the New York State Class B title, the first state championship in the program's 95-year history.
- "SCHOOL ELECTIONS ARE HELD ON L. I". The New York Times. July 12, 1973.("A proposed $2,455,866 budget for the recently merged school district ...")
- The New York State District Report Card, Accountability and Overview Report, 2007-08 Archived 2010-06-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Ain, Stewart (March 21, 2004). "School Expansion Vote For Mattituck-Cutchogue". The New York Times. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- [permanent dead link], mufsd.com, Accessed 2016-06-29
- Saslow, Linda (March 9, 1997). "Vote to Decide Merger of Two School Districts". The New York Times. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Ain, Stewart (Apr 4, 2004). "Bond Issues Are Defeated in Roslyn and Mattituck". The New York Times. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Saslow, Linda; Lyons, Patrick J. (May 29, 2005). "Revote Plans, District by District". The New York Times. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Saslow, Linda (July 3, 2005). "21 School Districts Adopt Austerity Budgets". The New York Times. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Messinger, Leah; Molinet, Jason (July 22, 2005). "They just want a sporting chance". Newsday.
- Liepa, Bob (February 28, 2016). "Mattituck baseball won state title, Sports People of the Year: Video". The Suffolk Times. Retrieved November 10, 2016.