Brandon earned a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for her editing work on the popular television series Alias, created by Abrams. Brandon was also an associate producer on Alias during its final season. She has since edited almost all of Abrams' films with Mary Jo Markey, with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker being the lone exception, as she edited that film with Stefan Grube. Brandon worked with Abrams on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was released in December 2015. She received an Academy Award nomination for Best Film Editing for her work on the film, sharing the nomination with Mary Jo Markey.
In her role editing Abrams' Star Trek, she reported that neither editor had been told that he intended to make extensive use of lens flares and bright lighting, and they initially contacted the film developers asking why the film seemed overexposed.
- Bingo – 1991
- The Birds II: Land's End – 1994
- Born to Be Wild – 1995
- Grumpier Old Men – 1995 (co-edited with Seth Flaum and Billy Weber)
- A Thousand Acres – 1997
- The Miracle Worker – 2000
- Alias – 2001–05
- Mission: Impossible III – 2006 (co-edited with Mary Jo Markey)
- The Jane Austen Book Club – 2007
- Star Trek – 2009 (co-edited with Mary Jo Markey)
- How to Train Your Dragon – 2010 (co-edited with Darren T. Holmes)
- Super 8 – 2011 (co-edited with Mary Jo Markey)
- Kung Fu Panda 2 – 2011 (co-edited with Clare Knight)
- Star Trek Into Darkness – 2013 (co-edited with Mary Jo Markey)
- Endless Love – 2014
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 2015 (co-edited with Mary Jo Markey)
- Passengers – 2016
- The Darkest Minds – 2018
- Venom - 2018 (co-edited with Alan Baumgarten)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – 2019 (co-edited with Stefan Grube)
- Thor: Love and Thunder – 2022
- "Maryann Brandon". IMDb.
- Kaufman, Debra. "How Editors Shaped The Story of Star Trek: Into Darkness". Creative Cow. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- Post, Latinos (24 May 2013). "'Star Wars Episode 7' News Update: J.J Abrams Reveals That He Prefers Original Trilogy".
- Merry, Stephanie. "Oscar nominations 2016: Complete list of nominees; 'The Revenant' leads with 12". The Washington Post. Nash Holdings LLC. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- Tapley, Christopher. "Tech Support Interview: The crafts of 'Star Trek'". In Contention. Retrieved 24 December 2015.