|Born||August 15, 1928|
New York, United States
|Years active||1950s to 1980s|
Marti Stevens (born in New York City on August 15, 1928) is a singer and actress. She has appeared in television shows such as It Takes a Thief, The Love Boat and Stagecoach West. She appeared in an Australian production of the play Forty Carats and in High Spirits, the musical version of Blithe Spirit, in London's West End in 1964. She also had a starring role in the 1962 film, All Night Long.
In 1963 she had a surprise visit from a queen. Queen Frederika and Princess Irene of Greece were being chased down the road by protestors and were ringing door bells looking for refuge. Marti Stevens heard the bell ring and came to the door dressed in a bath towel. She let them in and gave them both a scotch.
In late November 1959, she began a two-week engagement at the Ankara club. It was reported in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, December 6 edition, she along with the Chandra Kaly Dancers were to stay on an extra week.
In January 2016, it was announced that she along with Barbara Cook, Tony winner Billy Porter, Lea Salonga, De'Adre Aziza, Amanda Green, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Lindsay Mendez, Rebecca Naomi Jones, Telly Leung and others were to perform at a benefit concert connected with the late Lena Horne. The event was to take place at New York City’s Symphony Space on Jan. 11 at 7:30 PM.
Film and television roles
In 1962, she had a role in the film All Night Long, a film with the British jazz-scene as its backdrop, based on Shakespeare's Othello. She played the role of Delia Lane, wife of a black musician, Aurelius Rex, played by Paul Harris. They become victim to the devious and sinister meddling by musician Johnny Cousin, played by Patrick McGoohan. Stevens sings two songs in the film.
|Abdulla the Great||Singer||Gregory Ratoff||1955|
|Frische Brise||Singer||Ruprecht Essberger||1955||TV Movie|
|All Night Long||Delia Lane||Basil Dearden||1962||Film, based on Othello|
|Ziegfeld: The Man and His Women||Blanche Burke||Buzz Kulik||1978||TV Movie|
|The Choice||Marie||David Greene||1981||TV Movie|
|The Day the Bubble Burst||Role||Joseph Hardy||1982||TV Movie|
|Title||Episode #||Role||Director||Year||Notes #|
|M Squad||Contraband||Eve Parker||Don Medford||1958||Season 2, Episode 13|
|Stagecoach West||The Saga of Jeremy Boone||Felicia Sparks||Thomas Carr||1960||Season 1, Episode 8|
|Emergency-Ward 10||Episode #1.729||Barbara Dodge||Alastair Reid||1964||Season 1, Episode 729|
|Emergency-Ward 10||Episode #1.730||Barbara Dodge||Alastair Reid||1964||Season 1, Episode 730|
|Emergency-Ward 10||Episode #1.732||Barbara Dodge||Cecil Petty||1964||Season 1, Episode 732|
|Emergency-Ward 10||Episode #1.733||Barbara Dodge||Shaun O'Riordan||1964||Season 1, Episode 733|
|Emergency-Ward 10||Episode #1.735||Barbara Dodge||Alastair Reid||1964||Season 1, Episode 735|
|Emergency-Ward 10||Episode #1.737||Barbara Dodge||Shaun O'Riordan||1964||Season 1, Episode 737|
|Emergency-Ward 10||Episode #1.738||Barbara Dodge||Cecil Petty||1964||Season 1, Episode 738|
|Emergency-Ward 10||Episode #1.739||Barbara Dodge||Shaun O'Riordan||1964||Season 1, Episode 739|
|Emergency-Ward 10||Episode #1.740||Barbara Dodge||Josephine Douglas||1964||Season 1, Episode 740|
|It Takes a Thief||Locked in the Cradle of the Keep||Commissar Malenska||Leonard Horn||1968||Season 1, Episode 14|
|Mannix||End of the Rainbow||Mrs. O'Farrell||Robert L. Friend||1968||Season 2, Episode 5|
|Kojak||Mouse||Beth Avild||Harvey S. Laidman||1978||Season 5, Episode 14|
|Hart to Hart||This Lady Is Murder||Althea Prinz||Earl Bellamy||1980||Season 2, Episode 3|
|The Love Boat||The Lady from Laramie/Vicki Swings/Phantom Bride||Miss Singleton||Jack Arnold||1981||Season 5, Episode 7|
- 1930 census. "Familysearch.org".
- "Blithe Spirit Becomes a Musical", The Times, 4 November 1964, p. 16; and "Theatres", The Times, 23 January 1965, p. 2
- Pittsburgh-Post Gazette Monday, November 29, 1954 Page 8 Marti Stevens Comes to Ankara
- The Age Wednesday January 14, 1970 Page 11 If you think she's Marlene, you're wrong! But she is a close friend Curtain Calls / Anne Latreille
- "9780060152352: No Bells on Sunday: The Rachel Roberts Journals - AbeBooks - Rachel Roberts: 0060152354". www.abebooks.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- The Sydney Morning Herald May 1, 1963 Page 3 Heavy Guard As Greek Queen Leaves Britain After Troubled Visit, Both Guards Knocked Down
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Monday, November 29, 1954 Page 8 Marti Stevens Comes to Ankara
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Page 28 Marti Stevens Stays at Ankara
- Playbill 11 Jan 2016 Barbara Cook, Lea Salonga, Billy Porter, Telly Leung Pay Tribute to Lena Horne by Andrew Gans
- The Age Wednesday January 14, 1970 Page 11 If you think she's Marlene, you're wrong! But she is a close friend Curttain Calls / Anne Latreille
- The Age Saturday, March 14, 1970 Page 108 Amusements
- Indewire 02-04-2015 5 Oldies But Goodies Streaming on Netflix to Consider Watching This Weekend By Tambay A. Obenson