|Born||October 21, 1967|
|Parent(s)||Calvin Klein (father)|
Jayne Centre Klein (mother)
Marci Klein (born October 21, 1967) is an American television producer best known for her work on Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock. She has won four Emmy Awards. She is the daughter of fashion designer Calvin Klein.
Early life and education
Klein is the daughter of fashion designer Calvin Klein, and his first wife, textile designer Jayne Centre. She admitted being embarrassed by often seeing her father's name on her boyfriends' underwear.
In February 1978, at the age of 10, Klein was kidnapped by her babysitter. After her father paid the ransom, the police were able to track back the kidnappers. The babysitter claimed that her father Calvin Klein had set up this abduction to get nationwide publicity, but she later had to retract the statement.
In 1989, Klein began a 20-year career at Saturday Night Live. As a producer and head of the show's talent department, Klein discovered a number of future comedy superstars, including Tracy Morgan, Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, Will Ferrell, Fred Armisen, Chris Kattan, Darrell Hammond, Sarah Silverman, Kevin James, Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Maya Rudolph, and Ana Gasteyer. She is frequently talked about as a successor to SNL creator and Executive Producer Lorne Michaels.
Klein has been nominated for 14 Emmys, winning four times, once for Saturday Night Live's 25th Anniversary Special and three times for 30 Rock. She has also been nominated for nine Producers Guild Awards, winning three.
During Alec Baldwin's 2007 Golden Globes acceptance speech, he personally thanked Klein and referred to her as "the greatest producer in the history of broadcast television," to which she received an ovation from the audience.
- "Calvin's ex Kelly Klein to become a mother at 50". People. August 28, 2007. Retrieved October 2, 2019.
- Heymann, C. David (July 10, 2007). American Legacy: The Story of John and Caroline Kennedy. Simon and Schuster. pp. 410–. ISBN 978-1-4165-4638-2.
- Scott McCabe, Crime History - Daughter of Calvin Klein abducted, held for ransom, Washingtonexaminer.com, 2 February 2010
- Itzkoff, Dave (August 22, 2013) The God of ‘SNL’ Will See You Now. New York Times
- Saturday Night Live: The 25th Anniversary Special | Television Academy. Emmys.com. Retrieved on December 17, 2016.
- Rex News: "Calvin Klein at the Wedding of his daughter Marci Klein, Saturday Night Live Producer, to Scott Murphy at Wainscott Chapel in the Hamptons, Long Island, New York". rexfeatures.com (October 30, 2000)