Mansoor Ali Khan
|Occupation||Film actor, producer, music director, politician|
Khan has often played in antagonist roles and a few lead roles. He got a breakthrough role as an antagonist in Tamil cinema industry by the R.K. Selvamani directorial Captain Prabhakaran (1991) which became a blockbuster, hence fetching him a lot of acting opportunities. He did his acting course in Anupam Kher's acting school in Mumbai.
In his early career, Mansoor Ali Khan tried his hand at politics by supporting the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK). At the 1999 Indian general election in Tamil Nadu, he contested from Periyakulam as a candidate of the Puthiya Tamilagam (PT), he secured about one lakh votes and finished at the third position. At the 2009 Indian general election in Tamil Nadu, he stood as an independent candidate and the opposition pressed criminal charges against him for moving around in a vehicle with a propaganda banner breaching the moral conduct code. At the 2019 Indian general election in Tamil Nadu, he contested from Dindigul as a candidate of the Naam Tamilar Katchi (NTK). He quited the party later and formed his own political party 'Tamil Desiya Puligal'.
Protests and controversies
Khan was arrested in July 1998 for causing a roadblock and obstructing traffic while protesting against the pirate showings of his film Vettu Onnu Thundu Rendu (1998) on cable television. His activity led to film distributor Chinthamani Murugesan releasing a press statement condemning the television's actions and prompted a shut down of cinema halls across Pondicherry for one day.
Khan was convicted on the charge of rape and awarded him seven years of imprisonment on 27 March 2001 by session court. Later, on 2012, the Madras High court found the women had made false accusations against him and ordered the woman to pay Rs 50 lakh as damages to the actor for malicious prosecution and defamation.
He was arrested on April 2021 for spreading rumours about Covid Vaccination and was also said to give 2 lakhs to promote the vaccination.
|Moondrezhuthil En Moochirukkum||Moses||Tamil|
|Therku Theru Machan||Devaraj||Tamil|
|Chinna Poovai Killathey||Tamil|
|Rajadhi Raja Raja Kulothunga Raja Marthanda Raja Gambeera Kathavaraya Krishna Kamarajan||Kulothungan||Tamil||Also producer, music director|
|1995||Gangai Karai Paattu||Tamil|
|Sandhaikku Vantha Kili||Tamil|
|Gandhi Pirantha Mann||Tamil|
|1996||Thayagam||Snobir (Snow Bear)||Tamil|
|Vaazhga Jananayagam||Bhagat Singh||Tamil||Also producer, music director|
|Aavathum Pennale Azhivathum Pennale||Prabhakaran||Tamil|
|Kinnam Katta Kallan||Bindran Billa||Malayalam|
|Man of the Match||Udumbu Rajappan||Malayalam|
|Arasiyal||Venkatraman (R. K. V)||Tamil|
|Vettu Onnu Thundu Rendu||Tamil|
|Cheran Chozhan Pandian||Police Inspector||Tamil|
|Unnai Kann Theduthey||Tamil|
|Sathyam Sivam Sundaram||Andra Ponnan||Malayalam|
|Kadhal Virus||Himself||Tamil||Cameo appearance|
|En Mana Vaanil||Tamil|
|2003||Parasuram||Home Minister Vishwanathan||Tamil|
|Oru Thadava Sonna||Tamil|
|2007||Ennai Paar Yogam Varum||Jaga||Tamil||Also producer, storywriter|
|Rasigar Mandram||Rameshkanth, Peethamparam||Tamil|
|2008||Thithikkum Ilamai||Inspector Dharma||Tamil|
|Aadatha Aattamellam||Police Inspector||Tamil|
|2013||Lollu Dhadha Parak Parak||Tamil||Also music director|
|Singam II||Sub Inspector Karim Bhai||Tamil|
|2014||Tenaliraman||Cannibal tribe leader||Tamil|
|Kaaviya Thalaivan||Contract Kannaiah||Tamil|
|2015||Pulan Visaranai 2||Tamil|
|Athiradi||Tamil||Also producer, writer, music director|
|Naanum Rowdy Dhaan||Mansoor||Tamil|
|Enakku Innoru Per Irukku||Tamil||Cameo Appearance|
|Adra Machan Visilu||Tamil|
|2017||Bruce Lee||Minister Mansoor Ali Khan||Tamil|
|Saravanan Irukka Bayamaen||Veerasingam||Tamil|
|Konjam Konjam||Kodumudi Babu||Tamil|
|Yenda Thalaiyila Yenna Vekkala||Tamil|
|Chekka Chivantha Vaanam||Khalid||Tamil|
|Evanukku Engeyo Matcham Irukku||Sengalvaraayan||Tamil|
|Silukkuvarupatti Singam||Nilakkottai Narayanan||Tamil|
|Inba Twinkle Lilly||Kalluthu||Tamil|
|Natpuna Ennanu Theriyuma||Tamil|
|1993||Rajadhi Raja Raja Kulothunga Raja Marthanda Raja Gambeera Kathavaraya Krishna Kamarajan||"Mama Mama"||himself|
|2007||Ennai Paar Yogam Varum||"Koyambedu"||A. K. Vaasagan|
- "Jai Akash". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Kumar, S. R. Ashok (9 October 2010). "Grill Mill - Mansoor Ali Khan". The Hindu. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "Krishnasamy's gamble in Andipatti". 29 January 2002 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Rediff On The NeT: Constituency/ 'The voters will take their money, but will vote for us'". www.rediff.com.
- "Case booked against cine actor". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 22 April 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Poster ban for poll candidates stays | Chennai News - Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 3 January 2013.
- "It's different roles for Mansoor Ali Khan to woo voters". The Times of India. 28 March 2019. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "dinakaran". Dinakaran.com. Archived from the original on 20 June 2008. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "7 years RI for actor". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 July 2019.[dead link]
- "Woman to pay Rs 50 lakh for accusing actor of rape". Times of India. Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- "Tamil Actor Mansoor Ali Khan Held on Land Grab Charges". News.outlookindia.com. Archived from the original on 8 January 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Actor Mansur Ali held on charges of grabbing land | Chennai News - Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 3 January 2013.
- "Tamil Nadu Activist Protesting Highway Arrested For "Instigating Enmity"". NDTV.com. Retrieved 20 June 2018.
- Kumar, S. R. Ashok (13 October 2012). "Songs to sing along" – via www.thehindu.com.