|Directed by||James Stuart Blackton|
|Written by||William Shakespeare (play)|
Macbeth is a silent 1908 American film directed by James Stuart Blackton based on the William Shakespeare play of the same name. It is the earliest known film version of that play. It was a black and white silent film that had English intertitles. It is currently unknown if any print of the film still exists.
- William Ranous as Macbeth
- Paul Panzer as Macduff
- Charles Kent as Duncan
- Louise Carver as Lady Macbeth
- Édouard de Max
- Florence Lawrence as Banquet Guest
- Florence Turner as Banquet Guest
- "Silent Era : Progressive Silent Film List". www.silentera.com. Retrieved April 3, 2021.