|Studio album by|
|Released||18 May 1992|
|Producer||Rick Nowels, Ricky Wilde|
|Kim Wilde chronology|
Kim Wilde found herself working with Rick Nowels on this album, the same songwriter who had written for Belinda Carlisle and later for Madonna amongst others. Three of the eleven tracks were produced by him while the remaining eight were produced by Ricky Wilde.
The majority of the tracks on this album were co-written by Kim. She'd taken a long hard look at herself, resulting in the song "Who Do You Think You Are?", in which she reflects on how she had behaved through the years in her career. There were more love songs on this album; titles such as "Touched By Your Magic" and "Heart Over Mind" are an indication of the themes of the lyrics.
Nowels provided "Love Is Holy", a song that immediately struck a chord with Kim when she heard it in his studio in America. It became the first single release, giving Kim her first UK Top 20 hit in nearly four years. Although the following two singles fell short of equalling its success, the project as a whole was well received by critics, who noted the Carlisle connection in some tracks. The rest of the album, however, was more consistent with the Wilde sound: guitar riffs over synths. Overall, the sound is more introspective and organic than the commercial pop of Love Moves, and especially haunting was the closing track, "Too Late", in which the loss of love is described in mournful tones. Mick Karn was credited for the bass on "Try Again".
- "Love Is Holy"
- "Who Do You Think You Are?"
- "I Believe in You"
- "Touched by Your Magic"
- "I Won't Change the Way That I Feel"
- "Million Miles Away"
- "The Light of the Moon (Belongs to Me)"
- "Heart Over Mind"
- "A Miracle's Coming"
- "Try Again"
- "Too Late"
Certifications and sales
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Gold||25,000^|
^ Shipments figures based on certification alone.
- Marsh, Tim. "Review - Love Is". Q. Retrieved 2012-10-21. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988–2010 (PDF ed.). Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "Austriancharts.at – Kim Wilde – Love Is" (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- "Top 10 Sales in Europe" (PDF). Music & Media. Vol. 9 no. 26. 27 June 1992. p. 22. OCLC 29800226 – via World Radio History.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Kim Wilde – Love Is" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- "European Top 100 Albums" (PDF). Music & Media. Vol. 9 no. 25. 20 June 1992. p. 19. OCLC 29800226 – via World Radio History.
- "Le Détail des Albums de chaque Artiste". InfoDisc (in French). Retrieved 7 November 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) Select "Kim WILDE" from the drop-down menu and click "OK".
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Kim Wilde – Love Is" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Kim Wilde – Love Is". Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- "Swisscharts.com – Kim Wilde – Love Is". Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- "Official Albums Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 7 November 2020.
- "Schweizer Jahreshitparade 1992". hitparade.ch (in German). Retrieved 30 August 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Guld- och Platinacertifikat − År 1987−1998" (PDF) (in Swedish). IFPI Sweden.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Kim Wilde; 'Love Is')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.